headaches

unclehobart

I've been plauged by some pretty bad headaches over the last few weeks. Anyone got some folklore or some sure fire curatives to suggest?

if its anything like mine it is sinus related. Wasabi striaght will clear that right up. or medicines and such

Chec out the banana thread :D

Sinuses are often causes of my migranes, as is stress and lack of caffeine.

unclehobart said:
I've been plauged by some pretty bad headaches over the last few weeks. Anyone got some folklore or some sure fire curatives to suggest?

ok, what you do is get a black live chicken, then on a full moon, you have to wear banana peels, and chase the chicken northward.

after the cops come to arrest you, mouth off to them, call them donut eating coffee sponges, then they will beat you to uncousiousness, and poof no headache (till you wake up again)

the other thing is a tea make of lemongrass, or better yet one made of birch bark.

the most important thing to do is find out why you have the headaches, could be you are dehydrated?

If your caffeine intake is level through the day, and you're not dehydrated, go get your eyes checked. that was what cured my headaches.

I had thought that I could see fine, but one eye was shortsighted and one was farsighted. The strain finally got the better of em.

In my experience what works best is to drink water.

Suspend alcohol, coffee, sodas and every drink that isn't water.

Actually, I have perfect vision... so I will put vision on the back burner for now.
Dehydration might be a cause... but theres no way Im suspending my caffeine intake. THOSE kinds of headaches are biblical and blood gets shed.

Another thought is that I haven't had any Zyrtec or Allegra in the last two weeks. Those are general antihistamines packed with pseudoephedrine that I was prescribed to keep my ears a little bit drier... but only to be taken as needed... so I seriously doubt that I have a withdrawal effect from them. I had only been taking them for three weeks as it was.

My exercise has been a bit disrupted of late. That might be a link. Fall-ish pollens might also be a culprit. Sleep schedules have been fairly regular.

hmmm... I'll think of other stuff.

My thought is ragweed. It's been a pure-D BITCH the past 3-4 weeks. You may not notice it much, but it might be packing those sinuses just enough to cause your problems. Is it worse in the mornings?

unclehobart said:
Actually, I have perfect vision... so I will put vision on the back burner for now.
Dehydration might be a cause... but theres no way Im suspending my caffeine intake. THOSE kinds of headaches are biblical and blood gets shed.

Another thought is that I haven't had any Zyrtec or Allegra in the last two weeks. Those are general antihistamines packed with pseudoephedrine that I was prescribed to keep my ears a little bit drier... but only to be taken as needed... so I seriously doubt that I have a withdrawal effect from them. I had only been taking them for three weeks as it was.

My exercise has been a bit disrupted of late. That might be a link. Fall-ish pollens might also be a culprit. Sleep schedules have been fairly regular.

hmmm... I'll think of other stuff.
3 wimmins in the house? :devious:

tonksy said:
i think it's the paint. your chi is off. green is good for the soul.
Trying to capitalize on someone else's misfortune for your own personal gain? I knew there was a reason I liked you! :D

I've been drinking gobs of water over the last few hours, did 90 minutes of yardwork to shake loose the toxins in the blood... and I feel a touch better... but just a touch. I also wonder if my salt intake has been too high. I also took an Allegra D 3 hours ago... so what I'm feeling may be just antihistamine relief.

tonksy said:
i think it's the paint. your chi is off. green is good for the soul.

:D

Might as well buy some green paint dude, yer tonksy is on a decorating drive :D

To be honest hobart....if it's been going on a few weeks then I reckon the best thing ya can do is go to the doxy's :shrug: I imagine in a few weeks there is enough changes in ya lifestyle/eating/sleeping habits etc for you to have noticed a pattern yourself if there was a problem stemming from there ........ I'd play it on the safe side :)

Kruz said:
for me... "zomig" and "Imitrex" work. (most times)
I only get migraines every other year... so these kind of hell-hammer meds would probably be wasted on me.

A proper doc would probably just tell me to exercise more and lay off the vices.

paul_valaru said:
ok, what you do is get a black live chicken, then on a full moon, you have to wear banana peels, and chase the chicken northward.

after the cops come to arrest you, mouth off to them, call them donut eating coffee sponges, then they will beat you to uncousiousness, and poof no headache (till you wake up again)

the other thing is a tea make of lemongrass, or better yet one made of birch bark.

the most important thing to do is find out why you have the headaches, could be you are dehydrated?

:hmm: racist :D

Anywho...I think the best 'cure-all' for a headache is my patented 3-step system...

1. Drink 24 ounces of water and take 2 Centrum silvers.
2. Nap for 2 hours.
3. Sex for as long as you can 'keep it up'.

The first step will take care of any dehydration and/or mineral loss, the second step will take care of any fatigue, and the third step takes care of any stress... ;)

Back