hell child..

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
..no more?

Demon spa..I mean Avery has been mostly well behaved, we think we found out what it was.....

RED FOOD DYE!!!!!!

blue juice green snacks, no problem, anything red and for 24 hours he is a nutball, had a red slushy last night, and the demon was back, otherwise he has been quiet and cringing in fear, as it should be.

So if you got a hyper kid, cut the red and see what happens.

I was on a stringent diet as a child because I was determined to be "overactive", what would now be known as ADHD (if you don't believe me, ask Tonksy or Red). None of the following: sugar, cornstarch, corn syrup, dextrose, caffiene, glucose, potatoes, or RED FOOD DYE.

I'll have to try that on Bish jr. and see if it cuts down on his "Joining the dark side" moments.

Maybe that's part of it. Take it away for a week, then give him a red jujube or summat. It's astounding. :eek:

Leslie said:
Maybe that's part of it. Take it away for a week, then give him a red jujube or summat. It's astounding. :eek:

We figured it was either a jealousy thing, what with the new baby in the house, or him pushing the boundaries..testing us. It still could be, but it's worth the effort.

Thanks!

my mom cut out the red food dye and most sugar when i was young. it reduced my spaz quotient significantly.

With mine it was mainly green food dye. They have some pistacchio ice cream at the mall that he liked, I used to get him one when we were there. Shopping was such a blast.. He seemed to get "fog brain", nothing I said would sink in, eye-contact was out of the question, and he could display minor "ticks".

He learned to stay away from bright colored foods himself, did for several years. Now he can eat whatever he wants, he may get a bit more uhm, "wee!", but nothing that becomes a problem. :p

If Payton has sweets without some sort of "real" food before or after, she gets CRANKY! I have found that to have a more dramatic effect if the sweets contain red food dye.

MrBishop said:
We figured it was either a jealousy thing, what with the new baby in the house, or him pushing the boundaries..testing us. It still could be, but it's worth the effort.

Thanks!
*tip* when they're that tiny, if you don't tell them they're jealous...they're not jealous

I noticed the caffeine first - sugar seems to do nothing. I'd been considering wheat, but the red dye was just a happenstance...I bought blue Kool-Aid jammers instead of red one week. And holy crap it was peace overnight.

Now I know. *phew!*

Leslie said:
*tip* when they're that tiny, if you don't tell them they're jealous...they're not jealous

I noticed the caffeine first - sugar seems to do nothing. I'd been considering wheat, but the red dye was just a happenstance...I bought blue Kool-Aid jammers instead of red one week. And holy crap it was peace overnight.

Now I know. *phew!*
Javier just turned 4. He ain't that tiny anymore...hell, his ego's bigger than I am :/ :rolleyes:

He doesn't touch caffeine, no soft drinks and minimal sugar intake. He drinks water more often than he does juices. His allergy tests came back negative all the way. :shrug: Worth looking into..I doubt that they check everything.

If I may? Something I've noticed with mine. They'll push .... when they think they can get away with it. I know that both the missus and Mum place a higher value on peace and quiet than I do, so they'll let the kids away with more than I will for that's sake. More, the kids will push just as hard when I'm there, if one of the other two is there. They're counting on that other one to step in. But when I've got them alone .... it shuts down.

Watch for them playing one adult off against the other. You wouldn't expect that level of sophistication from their age, but I've already caught V4.0 at it, and he's not yet two.

Yup. Can't for the life of me think of how good, upstanding people like us bred such monsters.

All the way to the end, without even cracking a smile. Damn, I'm good.

That was awesome! :D I couldn't have done it.

I just grounded the oldest one today for being sneaky. Little bastit.

Professur said:
If I may? Something I've noticed with mine. They'll push .... when they think they can get away with it. I know that both the missus and Mum place a higher value on peace and quiet than I do, so they'll let the kids away with more than I will for that's sake. More, the kids will push just as hard when I'm there, if one of the other two is there. They're counting on that other one to step in. But when I've got them alone .... it shuts down.

Watch for them playing one adult off against the other. You wouldn't expect that level of sophistication from their age, but I've already caught V4.0 at it, and he's not yet two.

V2.0 tried that. One day, I caught him at it, and the entire rest of his afternoon remains a bit blurry in his memory.

Either he learned the lesson, or he's gotten sneakier. I haven't caught him at it since.

When my brother was little ice cream would send him swinging from the rafters. Just plain old vanilla even did it. Chocolate bars and such never had the effect, just ice cream. Poor kid was only allowed the occasional bowl and even then not a big one. My dad was an ice cream fiend and both my brother and I got it from him...poor kid. Well, of course I loved bananas and was allergic for a few years so I guess we both had to suffer without something we loved for a bit when we were younger.

Back