Hello, seperation people

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix has installed a cleanup station to help Muslim taxi and limo drivers meet their religious needs.

Two faucets located two feet above the ground enable the drivers to conduct ritual cleansing, including washing of the feet, before they pray.

This is happening in several major public areas. Why the silence?

KVOA

The facility was funded through airport user fees, she said, not taxpayer dollars.

Like there's a difference.

This is happening in several major public areas. Why the silence?

Because we already have a foothold situation, and many times there are
consequences for speaking out.

I seriously believe we are eventually headed for something bad. Maybe a second civil war.

Quote:
The facility was funded through airport user fees, she said, not taxpayer dollars.

.... well there is a difference. tax dollars impact everyone. user fees impact those of us who use airports. how often do you use airports? maybe a few times a year?

"You're either with us or against us..."

Not so cool when the shoe's on the other foot, is it?

Airports are paid for by taxes. Fee's are taxes with a different name. If you are forced to pay them, they are a tax (see auto insurance)

Quote:
.... well there is a difference. tax dollars impact everyone. user fees impact those of us who use airports. how often do you use airports? maybe a few times a year?

Seems I remember Gonz saying he hasn't flown in years.

Airports are paid for by taxes. Fee's are taxes with a different name. If you are forced to pay them, they are a tax (see auto insurance)

no they're not! fees are fees. taxes are taxes. they're assessed in different ways, hence the different names.

unless... wait... it's all some big conspiracy to deprive the working man of his dollars... okay, yeah, that sounds right. but i kinda feel like a commie even thinking it. i better call my mom. she'll know what to do.

Monies brought to a government or its affilliated agencies are taxes. They rename them so people (like you're doing) find them somehow different.

If I could fly & NOT pay them, they'd be fee's.

Yes, spike, I haven't flown since 9/11. I have no desire to add my name to a long list in Homeland Insecurity.

Quote:

While all this can be construed as the products of a warped imagination, I would like to say that, just this past year, there was a scandal involving a Christmas tree at SEA-TAC. Its posted somewhere in this forum, but I can't be arsed to find it...

Monies brought to a government or its affilliated agencies are taxes. They rename them so people (like you're doing) find them somehow different.

Yet you find taxes somehow different when you have your hand out right?

Unemployment is paid for by my previous (union) employer.

Why would I not take his money? It's not a government handout (although, it can be argued that it's a forced wage tax)

I will take what I am allowed. Want to end UI? Please, do so. I'll support you.

I have an issue with we the people allowing our representatives to steal our money & give it to those who won't get off their ass & take care of themselves. We need to change our laws to end the resdistribution of wealth.

Back