helluva day already

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Woke up, went to pull the clothes out of the dryer, they're still wet. It's broken. :(

Can't find the pliers cause of my thieving kids...it's so old the model number doesn't exist on the internet. Freaking out considering spending a winter having to dry clothes at the laundromat being carless. Finally found it by calling a call centre. So this aft I get to get greasy playing with dryer belts.

THEN. I go to walk the kids to school, all grogged out from lack of coffee, and...

get this...

it's SNOWING!! :eek:

Leslie said:
Woke up, went to pull the clothes out of the dryer, they're still wet. It's broken. :(

Can't find the pliers cause of my thieving kids...it's so old the model number doesn't exist on the internet. Freaking out considering spending a winter having to dry clothes at the laundromat being carless. Finally found it by calling a call centre. So this aft I get to get greasy playing with dryer belts.

THEN. I go to walk the kids to school, all grogged out from lack of coffee, and...

get this...

it's SNOWING!! :eek:

Good day, and welcome to the great white north...

:lol:

I gotta figure out how to get the back of the dryer off...it seems to involve removing the top and front :retard:

Leslie said:
I gotta figure out how to get the back of the dryer off...it seems to involve removing the top and front :retard:

usually you have to remove the top, to get teh back off, unscrew the control panel, unscrew everything from the back, look for places it clips in, if the control panel is loose you should be able to lift then pull the back off

thanks, paul :)
by saying take the top off...you mean the top where the knobs are? or the big white expanse top? or both?

I identified and got the belt...all by myself! :D
now to learn how to actually do the work.

someday I won't need man lol

Leslie said:
thanks, paul :)
by saying take the top off...you mean the top where the knobs are? or the big white expanse top? or both?

I identified and got the belt...all by myself! :D
now to learn how to actually do the work.

someday I won't need man lol

the knobs, the top SHOULDN'T have to come off, depends on the dryer

Leslie said:
thankee kindly :)

I'm havin a coffee before I head down to the dungeon. :blank:

remember unplug it first!!!!!!! 220 is not fun, trust me I pulled a red green on mine

and when in doubt, call a pro

It's unplugged already...I have an electricity phobia :D
can't afford a pro...but i'm trying to avoid making my friends' husband(s) come over here and do it for me...I like to save that for when I really need em :lol:

I've done stuff like this before...so I figure if I can get access, I'll be ok.

“friends' husband(s) come over here and do it for me”
“So this aft I get to get greasy playing with dryer belts.”

Yup having a man around the house cums in real handy
every so once inna while huh? Lol

Betcha if any of us guys were living in your town,
we’d be right over to fix that puppy up inna jiffy!

Yeppers them hot single 30 sumthin's twouldn't have to dirty their purdy widdle paws with this crew around, you'm betcha red rider.

Winky said:
Yeppers them hot single 30 sumthin's twouldn't have to dirty their purdy widdle paws with this crew around, you'm betcha red rider.
well I wish some of yas lived in MY neighbourhood then :p

Les, post pics. I've dismantled most types. And you shouldn't get greasy. In fact, there shouldn't be any grease in there at all. The drum usually turns in a felt bushing. If it's turning, but not heating up, it's usually the thermostat. If it heats up a little, then goes cold, that's almost always a blocked duct. Motor's running, but the drum's nto turning is a belt, or tensioner problem.

Back