helluva day already

Re: Death of a Dryer

I had apt. manager guy in today about the short cycling furnace... (seeeeee I told yas it'd be forever) and wheedled him into helpin me with checking out the dryer. There is no doubt it's the motor. :(

So I guess it's a couple weeks of hanging dry and laundromats till I save some $ and figure out which way to go on this.

*in mourning* :eh:

Leslie said:
I had apt. manager guy in today about the short cycling furnace... (seeeeee I told yas it'd be forever)

Just how long ago were you asking about that here?

Leslie said:
I had apt. manager guy in today about the short cycling furnace... (seeeeee I told yas it'd be forever) and wheedled him into helpin me with checking out the dryer. There is no doubt it's the motor. :(

So I guess it's a couple weeks of hanging dry and laundromats till I save some $ and figure out which way to go on this.

*in mourning* :eh:
Les, on the motor there is a label. It gives model and serial numbers plus the specs. I have access to some used motors. If you can post this info I'll root around over the weekend and see if I can find anything suitable. Make sure you include the voltage and amperage, and see if you can find out the shaft size.

oh my! you might just be a lifesaver! Thanks for the offer!! I'll have a look today.

Shaft size, huh?

I'm so proud, I just knew that 'shaft size' comment wouldn't go unnoticed. :dance:

Back