Help Out! 80's v.s. 90's ( Which was the better musical decade)

Please Vote on which musical decade was best: to 80's or 90's

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cytro

Me and my friend were arguing over which decade had the better music (The 1980’s of 1990’s). So…..to solve this problem I decided to post a poll on here and see what everyone’s opinion on this is.

Please I would like every person to VOTE!

Thanks Again!

AlphaTroll

I'd probably vote if there were a poll to vote in....

Anyway, both eras delivered some pretty amazing artists & songs (and just as many flops). You can't really say which is better, since it depends completely on your personal preference.

As far as my preferences go I do prefer the 90's music which IMO was typified in the resurgence of grunge & rock, compared to the more electronic pop of the 80's.

And hey - welcome to OTC :)

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I'm a fan of the 80's music myself, though I like the 90's music too

the diffrenece for me ids you hear nirvana, and you go man they where GREAT!!

but then you hear "he's on the hunt, he's after you"

and your freakign out, going hey remember duran duran, and all teh memories come flooding back, I guess the music isn't better, but has more memories attached to them

Cytro

I recently did a similar poll on a much smaller form on this specific topic. I did not receive the results I was looking for due too the lower number of people on the form. I’m hoping a large form such as this will give me the answer to this opinionated question.

Thanks again for voting!

P.S. Thanks for the welcoming.

AlphaTroll

paul_valaru said:
I'm a fan of the 80's music myself, though I like the 90's music too

the diffrenece for me ids you hear nirvana, and you go man they where GREAT!!

but then you hear "he's on the hunt, he's after you"

and your freakign out, going hey remember duran duran, and all teh memories come flooding back, I guess the music isn't better, but has more memories attached to them

I guess I was just too young really to make any lasting music-memories in the 80's. Music is what gets us through those angst-filled teenage years & what we connect our best & worst memories of it to (I really think most people will tie musical-memories up with more events from their teenage years than any other time in their lives).

I was a teenager of the 90's, which is probably why I rate the music more - bands like Stone Temple Pilots, Smashing Pumpkins, Garbage, Skunk Anansie, Pearl Jam, Nirvana really meant something to me.

But my taste in music varies considerably and my favourites aren't just from the 90's (hell, we were big on Cat Stevens etc in our teens - and he sure as heck ain't a 90's fella). I love certain songs from the just about every decade.

**Cytro - if you are looking for a poll that will prove you right & your mate wrong you've come to the wrong place mate.....;)

Ms Ann Thrope

unclehobart said:
I'm waiting for a proper poll that includes the 60s

same here, although even the inclusion of the 70s would help me: Talking Heads, Elvis Costello, Lou Reed, New York Dolls, Sex Pistols, The Clash, Kraftwerk... and that's just off the top of my head...

unclehobart

We could take it halfway and declare the best decade to be 65-75. That way all of the great bands slide in and we manage to keep disco the hell out.

Ms Ann Thrope

unclehobart said:
We could take it halfway and declare the best decade to be 65-75. That way all of the great bands slide in and we manage to keep disco the hell out.

:clap: BRILLIANT! That works for me, without question. :grinyes:

chcr

Too cute for words
unclehobart said:

There were some good disco songs. Oh, wait. Maybe I was stoned. :lol:

*rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby*

tonksy

chcr said:
There were some good disco songs. Oh, wait. Maybe I was stoned. :lol:

*rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby*
our love is like a ship on the ocean,
sailing with a cargo full of love and devotion...

hey...i like that one...

chcr

Too cute for words
tonks said:
our love is like a ship on the ocean,
sailing with a cargo full of love and devotion...

hey...i like that one...
Me too. What about Pablo Cruise?

And the Bee Gees were one of my favorite bands in the sixties, what happened to them in the seventies???