• Flyers

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Starts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Avalanche

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
SouthernN'Proud said:
So....I guess we'll be calling it Lord Stanley's DIXIE Cup for another year...:D

Isn't Raleigh/Durham/Research Triangle a pretty "northern" city? Kinda like Huntsville? (per a dude I know who lived in Raleigh for 10 years and another dude I know who's lived in Huntsville his whole life)

Define "northern" please.

If you mean sophisticated, cultural, educated...sorry to burst your bubble but we can do that too.

If you mean overrun by unwanted obnoxious twits from New England who relish in trying to take over everything they found here, then yeah, probably.

If you mean north of some other geographic point, then yes it's north of Atlanta.

I meant #2. Lots of tranplants. I was in a seminar with a guy from Huntsville and being a college hockey fan I knew Alabama-Huntsville had a D-I team, which I found strange since the rest of the D-I college hockey teams are in the upper midwest, Ohio or Northeast. He said there are tons of transplants from all over the country (and lots of northeasterners specifically) due to NASA.

Dude I work with lived in Raleigh for 10 years or so. I asked him how the locals took to the hockey team at first. He said very well since it's the only pro team in the "triangle" and because there are lots of transplants.

Just asking a question. Settle down, homeboy.

Back