Homecoming Sunday

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Today is Homecoming at my church. For those unfamiliar with the concept, it's a Sunday designated for former members to come back and spend the day. Sometimes these people have moved away, sometimes they've joined another church to be with family members, what have you.

Now, we Baptists catch a lot of heat, usually underservedly so, for some of our actions. No skin off my nose. But they's one thing can't nobody deny.

We KNOW a covered dish.

After the morning service, there's traditionally a feast of gargantuan proportions held. Imagine 50-60 little old Baptist ladies, born n' raised in the South, cookin' all morning and sometimes the day before and bringin the spread for all to share.

I anticipate a seven pound weight gain.

chcr

Too cute for words
Today is Homecoming at my church. For those unfamiliar with the concept, it's a Sunday designated for former members to come back and spend the day. Sometimes these people have moved away, sometimes they've joined another church to be with family members, what have you.

Now, we Baptists catch a lot of heat, usually underservedly so, for some of our actions. No skin off my nose. But they's one thing can't nobody deny.

We KNOW a covered dish.

After the morning service, there's traditionally a feast of gargantuan proportions held. Imagine 50-60 little old Baptist ladies, born n' raised in the South, cookin' all morning and sometimes the day before and bringin the spread for all to share.

I anticipate a seven pound weight gain.

Planning on taking it easy then? ;)

Mmmm... pie.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Have a great time and have an even better meal. Just keep your health in mind :)