Hosting crisis averted for now

Ok, the big question, since we aren't on a hosting service anymore, can we post boobies now? :)

oh...and fury
K_tony_thumbs_up.jpg

4.0 came out nearly a month ago now. Too new and buggy for me though--I'm stickin' with Sarge. ;)

fury, you might try this for a flexible virtual-hosting email solution. It's what I use on our hosting networks (I've modified it to run SA in MySQL and shared the whole thing for round-robin access). I'm in the middle of recreating plesk/cpanel for our own with this being the cornerstone of it all. PM me if you need any help with anything at all server or whatever related. :headbang:

I'm on CentOS 4.3. I got about as far in that guide as postfix-mysql, the package/source for which I can't find (neither that, nor courier-anything). Is that a Debian-only install guide?

Ok, the big question, since we aren't on a hosting service anymore, can we post boobies now? :)

Sure can, it's perfectly fine by the server company's policies, so now it's pretty much up to Sam, since it's still in his rules. :p

If'n you start posting boobies, the dudes at the Comm Squadron would place this site under the web blocker again. You don't want to get rid of me like that yet, do yo? :eek6:

If'n you start posting boobies, the dudes at the Comm Squadron would place this site under the web blocker again. You don't want to get rid of me like that yet, do yo? :eek6:
You're still here?

:beardbng:

To fury. Thanks dude, even though I've become a C & E poster, still appreciate you keepin the dream alive... And boobies isn't that big of a priority for me really, I've got plenty of websites to get boobies from, but sometimes they can really help to drive a point home. Can you imagine an argument in the RW and suddenly someone posts a great pair? It would definitely put everyone in a better state of mind. Hell, even Gonz has to like boobies...

I'm on CentOS 4.3. I got about as far in that guide as postfix-mysql, the package/source for which I can't find (neither that, nor courier-anything). Is that a Debian-only install guide?
Yeah, its written for Debian Sarge. A quick search finds some postfix RPMs for CentOS though, so maybe it could be modified. Courier ought to be pretty standard.

Maybe this is closer to your flavor:
http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual_users_postfix_courier_mailscanner_clamav_centos

DUDE! I was scanning down through the thread and saw that Mirlyn said "V4.0 came out nearly a month ago now!" I then started counting...Cam had two kids before she met Mir...there's V2.0 and V3.0...I then went "WHOA! I am out of the loop!" (in my head of course...not out loud)...then I read on and realized they were talking about something computery...not a baby!

DUDE! I was scanning down through the thread and saw that Mirlyn said "V4.0 came out nearly a month ago now!" I then started counting...Cam had two kids before she met Mir...there's V2.0 and V3.0...I then went "WHOA! I am out of the loop!" (in my head of course...not out loud)...then I read on and realized they were talking about something computery...not a baby!

Are you ovulating?

I got virtual domain email working. That's good. That means I'm actually a viable hosting solution now. :wink2:

edit: Except for the fact that there isn't a decent quota system, so any site on here can just go ahead and take all the space it feels like taking.

But that's a problem for some other 3:00am

BTW, almost forgot to say thanks, Mirlyn, cause that link is what I ended up going through to get it all to work. Wasn't exactly to the letter specific (I stopped at the spam filtering since it was 3 in the morning) and I had to ghetto-rig a couple of scripts...but it finally works the way I've wanted it to for years. :D

Back