HOTLANTA, HERE I COME

We left Huntsville about 9:30 and arrived at the motel about 2:30 Atlanta time. Had some minor difficulties getting a room (we had reservations) cause of the race there this weekend, and whatever else was goin on. The motel clerk said they had overbooked and promptly gave us a suite. The room was real nice....for what time we spent in it. Left the motel at 4:30......arrived at Turner Field about 5:00.....no problem parking ($15). We just hung out around the gates and each purchased a t-shirt ($35) and a cap ($35). I wanted to buy a program but they were $20 and didn't look worth it. They opened the gates at 6:00. We sat in the Chop Shop for about an hour and had a few drinks. A little after 7:00 we decided to go to our seats (the show was supposed to start at 7:30). At 7:45 we ran out of alcohol and decided to go back to the Chop Shop for refills and it was packed to the gills. We missed the first two songs from No Doubt before we could get back to our seats. I was ordering double Jack and coke ($13.50) and my buddy was ordering a large draft ($7.00) so we got two drinks each and went back to our seats. I grabbed a foot long hotdog ($4.75) on the way. No Doubt only played about 5-6 songs and exited the stage about 9:15. The Stones came on stage about 10:00 and opened with "Brown Sugar". They played most of their old hits and a few new ones....."Sympathy for the Devil" was awesome. I was a little disappointed they didn't play "Like a Rolling Stone" or "Waiting on a Friend". They played "Satisfaction" around midnight and exited the stage afterwards. I was also a little pissed cause they still had tickets at the gate for $100 (they said they opened up some more sections). We paid extra ($142 each) to get ours early........but who woulda known.

attachment.php

Sounds like it cost about 500$ a head for one lousy show. Screw that. Thats 2 months worth of food or 2/3 of the annual gasoline budget.

Back