how could you?

Nixy said:
Abandoning a dog is never for the best, fucking people!

:crying4:

I would NEVER do that to my dog. No pets? I'd find somewhere else to live.

from what I was getting it was being taken to a shelter not abandoned. if you cant keep up with the animals needs then you need to find it a new home.

He took it to the shelter to abandon it. He didn't put in any effort to find it a good home with a friend, a relative, a friend of a relative, etc.

ah. i tohught him taking it to the shelter would have been the best since he didnt want to or couldnt care for the animal. he should have tried to look for a loving home but some people are cold like that. or sick whichever you agree with

Taking an aging dog to a shelter is MEAN. They hardly EVER find homes for them...taking ANY animal to a shelter is mean but an aging dog it's even meaner!!! I don't know the number (and don't really want to know) but the number of dogs that actually find a home from the shelter is SO SO SO low. If you don't want your pet, you find someone who does, or you keep it and give it a nice life until it dies. If you decide suddenly you don't want your kid you don't have it euthanized! If ANYTHING you find it a new home through adoption! This guy's kid loved this dog, at one point this guy loved this dog. He gave up the dog so he could move to an apartment and get a fucking better job! Do people with kids move places that don't allow children? NOPE! So, why can people with pets be assholish enough to move somewhere that doesn't allow pets!

Your saying that taking it to a shelter was "best" is just pure ignorance! MOST ANIMALS WHO GO TO SHELTERS WHO ARE NOT BABIES NEVER EVER LEAVE AGAIN! It's the reality and whoever the guy in this story is is a fucking asshole! END OF STORY

they may not be able to afford an appartment that allows pets. if that is teh case Id say look for a home for the pet.

Nixy said:
Your saying that taking it to a shelter was "best" is just pure ignorance! MOST ANIMALS WHO GO TO SHELTERS WHO ARE NOT BABIES NEVER EVER LEAVE AGAIN! It's the reality and whoever the guy in this story is is a fucking asshole! END OF STORY

Ever watch Animal Planet's "Animal Precinct"? I can think of plenty of situations that it would be better that these dogs be in a shelter. If they're being abused, starved, left to die, have an untreated illness, etc. What's better, to have an animal suffer at the hands of a cruel human or to put them in the hands of a shelter that at least gives them a chance to get adopted or at the very least, put out of their misery if they are suffering?

Just more reasons for people to THINK before they adopt/buy an animal and to have them spayed/neutered as soon as medically possible. We can be so freakin cruel and heartless.

Yea, they did.......and an apartment with two months rent paid......I learned a lot real quick.

my soon-to-be-ex just had to take his dog to the pound...his mom won't let him bring any of his animals...he is really pressuring me to take his cat :rolleyes: i bet it was rough on him...he tried to find a home for him and couldn't...but it's better than abandoning the dog in the streets where it won't be fed or taken care of.

My ex-girl forced me to take two kittens she had aquired from a fellow horse lover. They were barn cats and boy did I regret it. Those little fuckers had a bazillion fleas. My house quickly became infested. Ironically, I had to go to work in Atlanta, so I had to take them to the pound. The female kitten I hated to give up, it was solid black and sweet as could be, but the male was a real pain in the ass. Scratch the hell outta you if you touched it. The guy at the pound told me the female would most likely get adopted but the male was doomed :(

The way I see it, some people just don't care about their animals anymore. Their lives are too busy to worry about a pet. I think that's it's wrong of course. Before bringing your pet to a shelter, all other means of trying to find it a new home should be exhausted. Friends of mine send emails to everyone they know with pics attached to see if they or someone they know want to adopt and animal.

We got our dog by someone who didn't want her anymore/couldn't keep her anymore bringing her into a pet store and asking the owner to ask around for anyone who would like to have her. They left her there to be groomed and said they'd be back in a few hours if she didn't have a good home before then. The owner happened to be my aunt and she knew we wanted a dog :D

Regardless of that, just bring the dog and pics of the dog to non huge chain pet stores and ask them to keep an eye out for a good home, lotsa people go into pet stores and want a pet but don't wanna pay the HUGE bucks...

Nixy said:
We got our dog by someone who didn't want her anymore/couldn't keep her anymore bringing her into a pet store and asking the owner to ask around for anyone who would like to have her. They left her there to be groomed and said they'd be back in a few hours if she didn't have a good home before then. The owner happened to be my aunt and she knew we wanted a dog :D

Regardless of that, just bring the dog and pics of the dog to non huge chain pet stores and ask them to keep an eye out for a good home, lotsa people go into pet stores and want a pet but don't wanna pay the HUGE bucks...

Totally agree with you there Nixy. There are always ways to find a good home for a pet.

Hey BCD, you coming to the BBQ? Cause if you're coming, me and my dogs will be there too. :D

There are also animal rescue organizations for different breeds. When Rusty and I are ready to adopt, we're going to rescue an older or "special needs" Labrador Retriver from http://www.lilrr.org/ These organizations get created mostly because there are certain "misunderstood" dogs that constantly get abandoned because people get them impulsively without any regard to caring for them and then dump them when they've had enough. Labs, Border Collies, Pit Bulls, etc.

Back