How do you pay for stuff?

In general, how do you pay for stuff?

• I have one of those cashless thingies...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Credit card

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Debit card

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Check

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Cash

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Eh?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jeslek

Banned
How do you pay for everyday stuff? I'm not talking online orders, but rather groceries, lunch, and so forth.

Me... Cash is king. I usually carry about $100 to $200 on me. The only time I use a debit card is to withdraw cash, and the only time I use a credit card is when I order online (which is paid off each month btw).

Either my debit card, checks or cash. Just depends how far from home I am, and if I have the cash on me.

Cash. My debit card I use when I have no cash on me ~ I never use ATMs. I also only use my credit card online and pay it off monthly ~ one thing I hate paying is interest... And I rarely if ever use cheques. Most of my bills I pay online or by DD. :)

cash, or card... depends. i guess most stuff over a fiver i'll probably use plastic, unless it's at a club in which case cash exclusively...

if i pay for it on card, it means i don't have to go to a cash machine for longer

Credit cards. Then pay the bastards off in full every month. No charges that way, and if my wallet gets lifted, it's a few phone calls, no money lost.

Heh I don't carry money in my wallet... You'd be rather surprised how I carry money, having lived in a few third-world countries where pickpocketing and even assault and robbery are common.

Jerrek said:
Heh I don't carry money in my wallet... You'd be rather surprised how I carry money, having lived in a few third-world countries where pickpocketing and even assault and robbery are commen.

Remind me never to take money from you... :eek:

Jerrek said:
Heh I don't carry money in my wallet... You'd be rather surprised how I carry money, having lived in a few third-world countries where pickpocketing and even assault and robbery are commen.

This isn't going to have the word 'forskin' in it. Is it? :eek6:

No, not the foreskin... Basically what you do you you carry small bills, say $10 bills, and one or two large ones, say $50. You never, ever fold the bills neatly together and put it like that in your pocket. You take one bill at a time, crumple it up, and stuff it into your jean's FRONT pocket. One at a time. All 15 or so of them. The LAST one that goes in is the $50 bill.

When someone assaults you or tries to rob you, you don't have to hand over a neat package folded together. Instead, you pull out one or two bills, and put it in his hand. Repeat. Repeat. Sooner or later he will have to use a second hand to be able to hold the money. Repeat. Repeat. When both his hands are starting to get full, you kick him in the nuts or hit him hard in the stomach. The money should distract him enough for you to do some serious bodily harm to him, even if he has a gun or a knife ;) Afterwards, stuff all the money in your pocket and get out of there.

:rolleyes: The last one in is the first one out. You gonna part with the 50 right away....then proceed to piss him off?

Not really South Africa, although I would apply it in certain regions there. I'm thinking of Philippines and Indonesia.

Back