How do you shop?

I shop alone-YEAHHHHHH with nobody else, you know when I shop alone, I PREFER to be by myselffffff..................

Thank Ya George..... :lol2:

When I shop for clothes, I like the big departments stores.(salespeople give me the willies). Walk in get what you want, walk out. As quickly as humanly possible. Ditto for groceries and household items.

Places where I can spend HOURS:

Book stores
Electronics/computer stores
Music/DVD stores
Home improvement/hardware stores
Pharmacies...I can't help it. There are just so many neato things, like 50 different kinds of bath soap.
Dollar stores...the things you can get for a buck!

And I'm a bookphile too. Three tall bookcases, one long short one, and a couple of boxes in my father's basement.

my dad and I are the same way Cam. and mom gives us a hard time about it how he and i can spend forever in book stores

I like buying my clothes from designer places like YDE (Young Designers Emporium) - at least then I know not every Tom, Dick, Harry or Sally will have it. Must say though, I hate spending hours in the shops for clothes, hell I never even try the things on, I'll do that at home, if it doesn't fit right I'll take it back.

I don't think I've ever bought clothes at a supermarket - though it could possibly be a lot cheaper to do.

I loathe grocery shopping, nothing annoys me more........well I lie, lots of things annoy me more, but somehow they all get compounded into one big thing when it comes to grocery shopping.....I think the air in most supermarkets make people stupid and slow.

I could of course spend hours buying CD's, books and shoes. And I can lose myself in the perfume & make up shops.

And Cam - I agree about the pharmacies, I love shopping around in them.

Oh and fresh fruit markets.

And the Indian spice shop.

The bread basket.

Flea Markets & curio shops (but I never seem to buy anything at the curio shops, I'm just not the type to collect figurines etc)

The Hemp Shop - one of my favourite places.

The crystal & bead shop.

And I love hanging around in the tattoo parlor, just to 'shop' for designs.

Has anyone else ever asked a salesperson to try on stuff for you "cos they're exactly the same size as my wife"??

i go on rampages.
i'm bipolar, and one of the things i do when i'm manic (which is sometimes a lot) and sometimes even depressed, is SHOP!! oh god, how i shop.
sometimes i dont even care what i buy, as long as i drop some cash or plastic.
i'm a terror online, too.

overall, tho, i'm glad my mom took my debit card away from me...

Camelyn said:
When I shop for clothes, I like the big departments stores.(salespeople give me the willies). Walk in get what you want, walk out. As quickly as humanly possible. Ditto for groceries and household items.

Places where I can spend HOURS:

Book stores
Electronics/computer stores
Music/DVD stores
Home improvement/hardware stores
Pharmacies...I can't help it. There are just so many neato things, like 50 different kinds of bath soap.
Dollar stores...the things you can get for a buck!

And I'm a bookphile too. Three tall bookcases, one long short one, and a couple of boxes in my father's basement.
I like to shop for soaps in the health food stores. That stuff is sooo neato. Its better made, usually all natural, lasts twice as long as a normal soap, 15 times the scent variations, and better for your skin overall. Dr Bonners, Burt's Bees...I even had this olive oil bar from Syria once. It smelled like a boot, but did wonders for the skin.

Camelyn said:

I have a library in my house. :)

Back