How far?

North: Fairbanks, AK
West: Anchorage, AK
South: Key West, FL
East: St. Thomas, Virgin Islands (Houlton, ME if that doesn't count)

Been to Prince Edward Island too, that's farther east on the continent but not in the country.

North : Hearst, Ont
West : Hearst, Ont
East : Antigonish, NS
South : Nashville, Tn. (this could be slightly more west than Hearst)

Professur said:
North : Hearst, Ont
West : Hearst, Ont
East : Antigonish, NS
South : Nashville, Tn. (this could be slightly more west than Hearst)

Hey Prof, when were you in "Twangtown?"

Mustabin 12 years ago. Mum and Gran wanted to see the Opry, and the Hall of Fame. I went as a disinterested driver. Noone had reckonned on the heat, tho. Without A/C in the car, driving at night was about the only option. And motel A/C was less than adequate.

Having lived there, let me add that NASHVILLE is inadequate. Oughta blow the damn eyesore off the map.

But I'm not bitter or anything...

West: London On

North: St Anthony NFLD (but I was a baby then), Bonne Bay NFLD that I have memory of (near Trout River and Wiltondale since Bonne Bay isn't pictured in mapquest)

South: London On and Niagara Falls On seem to be about even

East: Deer Lake NFLD for actually being there, stopped over in the St John's NFLD airport once though

North Nome Alaska
West Nome Alaska
South Twin Falls Idaho
East Twin Falls Idaho.

Apparently i only travel on a two demensional plane.

Going to Nome again again next week.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Having lived there, let me add that NASHVILLE is inadequate. Oughta blow the damn eyesore off the map.

But I'm not bitter or anything...

If you're willing to include Louisville in the blast, I'm willing to pay half.

unclehobart said:
South. Ka Lae, Hawaii. Whitey calls it South Point. It is THE most southern spot in the US. There were a few other visitors and some fishermen slightly more south than I ... so at one point I was the 5th most southern person in the US. Twas my favortie part of the islands.

That's about as far south as I've been too :D

What about how far high? :lloyd:

The summit of Mauna Kea measures approximately 30,000 ft from base to peak :lloyd:

North - Maine/Quebec boarder
East - Eastham,MA (Cape Cod town)
South - Orlando
West - Las Vegas

east-Clavet Sask.
west-Tofino B.C.
south-Victoria B.C.
North-Smithers B.C.

I don't get out much {damn OTC} j/k

Merrit Island, Cape Canaveral, Florida - for Shuttle launch Mission 99A - Atlantis
Portland, Maine
Seattle, Washington, and crossed into Canada several times from several states.
Several trips to Hawaii

Unc... Hawaii is a lot further west than LAX.

As for me...

San Francisco is slightly more west than my neck of the woods, so I'd say that... farthest north is Great Falls, Montana... farthest east and south is Kennedy Space Center, Florida.

Inkara1 said:
Unc... Hawaii is a lot further west than LAX.

As for me...

San Francisco is slightly more west than my neck of the woods, so I'd say that... farthest north is Great Falls, Montana... farthest east and south is Kennedy Space Center, Florida.
I know. I was just trying to give half an out since our local islanders here on the site tend to bristle at being referred to as US territory.

West - somewhere along the California coastline
South - somewhere in Texas
East - somewhere in NYC
North - Everywhere along the ND and MN and MT border

What were you doing up in Portal unc? That place isn't happening. I don't how it is now, but before 9/11 when they closed the border crossing there for the night, they would just put a couple of orange cones in the road. They quit even doing that after a while because the cones were always disrupted in the morning, either tossed to the side or just ran over.

RDX said:
West - somewhere along the California coastline
South - somewhere in Texas
East - somewhere in NYC
North - Everywhere along the ND and MN and MT border

What were you doing up in Portal unc? That place isn't happening. I don't how it is now, but before 9/11 when they closed the border crossing there for the night, they would just put a couple of orange cones in the road. They quit even doing that after a while because the cones were always disrupted in the morning, either tossed to the side or just ran over.
I was travelling from Atlanta to Edmonton, Alberta and that just where my route ended up crossing the frontier. I could have stayed on major roads, but I went out of my way to see a bit of Americana.

Back