How fast can you type?

60ish. I can do better though if I have a document in front of me with longer sentences so that I can build up speed.

uh, the second you're done typing, you've gotta click on the done, a popup window comes up saying how many

or does it? :confuse3:

Ah, I pressed the enter button...and the "done" button wasn't responding to that one...plus I had a pop-up killer activated :blush:

Anyway, 61 wpm...mhhh...:eek6:

80. Bah, my score was screwed from having to move my hand over to the mouse and click Done, I can usually do a lot better.

Woohoo, I figured out that the tab key takes the focus to the Done button, and then I can hit enter. 98 :headbang:

Ditto what LL said. If I can type without really thinking about it, I do better. I can't look at my fingers either or else I mess up.

Since I wanted to just type and not worry about clicking the buttons, I had Rusty click the 'start test' and 'done' buttons and came up with this:

Attachment(s):

type test.jpg, 21.23kb

48_1031423920.jpg

60 per min.

Which, considering I use three fingers on each hand, is surprising! :)

I don't know why I do it but I don't rest my pinkies and my thumbs on the keys. I hold them up. And I never press the space bar with my left thumb.

Now that I'm watching myself, I don't rest any of my fingers on the keyboard. I just leave them off the keyboard till I use them. Is that normal? I never noticed that before.

And can any of you type the numbers on the top row without looking? I can do 234, 7890 but the others are too far to hit without looking.

70 words per minute, my english speed is lower than my spanish one :D

gf: i rest all my fingers on the keyboard, and i never hit space bar with the right thumb.

40 wpm but i only use four fingers and i have to look at the keyboard. If i actually took the time to teach myself how to type properly i bet i could be doing 100wpm within a month. I can however hit the ctrl+alt+dlt keys all at the same time without looking with one hand(harder than it sounds).

fury said:
Woohoo, I figured out that the tab key takes the focus to the Done button, and then I can hit enter. 98 :headbang:

Jesus, fury...

Does the smoke get in your eyes? :D

HeXp£Øi± said:
40 wpm but i only use four fingers and i have to look at the keyboard. If i actually took the time to teach myself how to type properly i bet i could be doing 100wpm within a month. I can however hit the ctrl+alt+dlt keys all at the same time without looking with one hand(harder than it sounds).

Been a windows user that long, eh?

Back