How many miles do you put on your car?

Inkara1

My car turned 90,000 miles during my lunch break today. It was built in June, 2000, so it's averaging just under 15,000 a year over its lifetime. It had about 42K on it when I got it in May 2003, so it's had 48K put on it since then, for an average of about 16K a year.

How many miles do you guys put on your cars?

unclehobart

One trip to take the kids to see Slim and Red and pick them up the following week amounts to almost 2000km per trip... and we do that several times a year.

Professur

unclehobart said:
One trip to take the kids to see Slim and Red and pick them up the following week amounts to almost 2000km per trip... and we do that several times a year.

Where'd they go, anyhow?

Altron

Hit 141,375 on the way home yesterday.

I bought it with 139,500 in Janurary.

The guy I bought it from got it with 75,000 in '01, I believe.

Of course, this is all conjecture - My odometer reads simply 41,375. I believe it's only hit 99,999 and gone back to 00,000 once, but I'm not 100% positive. I know it had 75,000 when the guy before me got it, and 39,000 when I got it, so it definetly hit 99,999 a few years ago, and I believe it did not hit 99,999 at any other times.

Nowadays they don't make cars like that anymore... them little Honda Fits are never going to go so fast that the needle goes off the speedometer, and they won't be around long enough to max out the odometer.

Inkara1

Altron said:
Hit 141,375 on the way home yesterday.

I bought it with 139,500 in Janurary.

The guy I bought it from got it with 75,000 in '01, I believe.

Of course, this is all conjecture - My odometer reads simply 41,375. I believe it's only hit 99,999 and gone back to 00,000 once, but I'm not 100% positive. I know it had 75,000 when the guy before me got it, and 39,000 when I got it, so it definetly hit 99,999 a few years ago, and I believe it did not hit 99,999 at any other times.

Nowadays they don't make cars like that anymore... them little Honda Fits are never going to go so fast that the needle goes off the speedometer, and they won't be around long enough to max out the odometer.

No, they'll be around to max the odometer three times. The only way you'd be right is if the odometer counts to 999,999. The whole reason Japanese imports got a foothold here in the first place is because they lasted for hundreds of thousands of miles.

Vortex

Inkara1 said:
How many miles do you guys put on your cars?
I got my new car on Wednesday *beams* Ford Ka.
I think it has 450 Km (which is about 280 miles to you strange people who don't use kilometers) on the clock :)

:D