how much money is a nice income where you live?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Say a family of four (including yourself) and to live like upper-middle class. Express it in USD or give an exchange rate.

Here, US$2,500 - US$3,000 a month.

I'd say about $2000 to $5000 a month...depending upon personal tastes. I 'eke' out a living on $2600, but my area ain't that great.

back home in Rockville? I am nit sure but it is very expensive in Montgomery County so 100,000 or more. SAme with Frederick tho that is less expensive. here in NC? which part? part of town is well shit. the other part is a nice area.

You live within your means. I know families that have a combined income of $130,000 and they cut coupons and shop at discount stores and hunt around for cheap gas. If youve got a couple kids in college and a couple car paymemts and a nice big mortgage you can look like yer rich but you struggle just like that family in the trailer. Of course you "struggle" with a pool in your backyard and a plasma TV but struggle none the less. Its all relative.

Middle-class (suburb) would be around $2500/mo CAN - UMC - probably around $3500-4500/mo CAN

Middle-class Island of Montreal - around $4500/mo UMC - around $6500-8000/mo

At least it ain't Toronto or Vancouver, where you can add a doubler to those figures, or even a trippler in DT Vancouver.

UMC and a family of four? here in good old ND I'd guess about $5,000/month.

Right now I'm getting by on $1500 a month all by my lonesome.

I used to bring back about $2000 after tax, lived fairly well as a single divorcee, not brilliant though. To afford a decent house and be able to support a wife and two kids you'd need at least double that.

Of course that was up north, in the south you can probably double it again.

Living expenses in SA are relatively cheap so I'd say an income of roughly $2000 would make you very comfortable indeed obviously the more comfort you want the more you need to earn.

Here it would be probably be around $3,000 to $5,000 per month.

To be extremely comfortable, I'd love to be pulling in around $7,000 per month! ;)

Back