How Romantic vs. How Stupid

Nixy said:
Maybe, but maybe not.

People are to quick to jump to conclusions.

He failed to heed numerous posted warnings that all but said, "Hey, potential dumbasses...If you decide to climb down here there's a right good chance you'll get your stupid ass killed. If you're anywhere near as smart as a houseplant, stay put!"

If calling someone like that a collosal dumbass is jumping to a conclusion, then hand me a parachute.

unclehobart said:
So... did they find the ring?
Nah...and likely, they never will.

Now...if he had NOT tried to retrieve it, how likely would it have been for his wife to believe him when he got back home. Business trip with friends, the other side of the country and he comes back with some lame excuse about it falling off his finger, down several hunderd feet and into raging waters, never tobe seen again.
:hmm:

Seeing as she married him, she likely already knows he is braindead enough to go tear-assing down a cliff clearly marked with signs proclaiming "Do not enter you fucking moron, you'll get killed", she should know he's too dumb to get any strange anyway.

MrBishop said:
Nah...and likely, they never will.

Now...if he had NOT tried to retrieve it, how likely would it have been for his wife to believe him when he got back home. Business trip with friends, the other side of the country and he comes back with some lame excuse about it falling off his finger, down several hunderd feet and into raging waters, never tobe seen again.
:hmm:

Granted, she might not believe him, they would have had a fight and who knows what would have happened then. If they had a good relationship, they could work things out.

MrBishop said:
Now this, ladies and gentlemen is a Class-A pun :) :clap:

He's just trying to make a joke so everyone will forget that he, a journalist of all things, has poor reading retention.

AlphaTroll said:
Ahem. Was the guy's wife there with him, or was it just him and his buddy?

Valotaire, who will have to return to his wife without his wedding ring

Total fuckwit.....

One sign even has the words "Warning: Extreme danger."

Wonder how much the ring is worth? *charges up metal detector

Nixy said:
He's just trying to make a joke so everyone will forget that he, a journalist of all things, has poor reading retention.

Geez, and you accuse others of jumping to conclusions.

Honestly, I don't buy his excuse that the ring just slipped off. If it's the wrong size, you get it resized or tie some string around the bottom or something to make it tighter, or you keep your hand in a half-fist at all times to keep it from sliding off. Furthermore, rings don't just slide off for no reason and with no warning. Yes, fingers can expand and contract, but it's not an instant process. Additionally, how did he "watch in shock" as the ring slipped off?

The point: I'm thinking the guy's friend was lying to try to cover this dude's ass.

Inkara1 said:
Geez, and you accuse others of jumping to conclusions.

Honestly, I don't buy his excuse that the ring just slipped off. If it's the wrong size, you get it resized or tie some string around the bottom or something to make it tighter, or you keep your hand in a half-fist at all times to keep it from sliding off. Furthermore, rings don't just slide off for no reason and with no warning. Yes, fingers can expand and contract, but it's not an instant process. Additionally, how did he "watch in shock" as the ring slipped off?

The point: I'm thinking the guy's friend was lying to try to cover this dude's ass.

Have you never lost a piece of jewelry before?

BeardofPants said:
I've had rings slip off my finger unnoticed. :shrug:

Exactly my point. It is VERY possible losing the ring was an honest mistake...climbing down after it was retarded...but the losing of the ring could have been just an accident.

I only wear a watch now, too... but when I was married I had a ring, and I also had my high school class ring. I actually quit wearing both of them at about the same time.

BeardofPants said:
I've had rings slip off my finger unnoticed. :shrug:

Unnoticed yeah.

This guy is saying he watched in horror as the ring slipped off his finger and then fell down the cliff.

i dont wear rings anymore because i've had them fall off my fingers when its cool/cold outside. i tossed one a good 20 feet once when, during an argument, i flung my hands to the side.

Back