How tall are you?

Jerrek said:
Urgh, 172cm = 67.7 inches.

67" is congruent to 5 (mod 12)

Therefore, 1,720mm = approximately 5' 7 1/2".
Did the way back(for Aunty): 5'8" = 68" -> 68 * 2.54 = 1.7272 cm, rounded up to 1.73m

Vortex said:
Only VERY tall if everyone is SUPER FANSASTICALLY over the TOP tall

No need to be embarrassed about it. The women in my immediate family are from 5'-1" to 5'-5". The 5'-5" is considered TALL. My mom's mother was 4'-11" and her father was 5' even, so we never stood a chance.

I knew a guy when I was younger who was about 5'-2". He had three brothers, all over 6'. That would really suck.

My friend Nate was 4'11" when I met him in 7th grade. But now he is 5'2"/5'3" :) (And they still call him midget mouse *sigh*)

6 foot.

and us UKians have a strange mertic/imperial thing going on, where some stuff gets measured one way and some the other way.

height comes in feet and inches, weight comes in stones, or perhaps kilos (not pounds), long distances in miles, short ones in meters, temperature in celcius. beer comes in pints, pepsi comes in mililitres, wine in centilitres, milk officially in liters, but actually in pints,

nambit said:
height comes in feet and inches, weight comes in stones, or perhaps kilos (not pounds), long distances in miles, short ones in meters, temperature in celcius. beer comes in pints, pepsi comes in mililitres, wine in centilitres, milk officially in liters, but actually in pints,
Oh my. In Canada we use both. Things usually carry both metric and imperial labels. Distance is meters though, and temperature is Celsius.

We do NOT use stones. lol

fruit and veg is in kilos officially but lb's unofficially, i always thought wine came in 'glasses' ;), breasts come in the new eu metric-handful, drawings are in millimetres, paper comes in a's, clubbing comes with e's, shots come in singles and doubles, freshers come in 'losts', graduates come as a 'smug' and horse racing is still paid in guineas

:D

well, yes, glasses... or "large glasses"

or "buy two large glasses and keep the rest of the bottle", which is my favourite size to buy the stuff in :)

Back