Hypothetical question of the day (October 18th)

Would you? (read message below first)

• Yes I would accept the Nobel prize

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No I would reject the Nobel prize

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jeslek

Banned
Suppose, just suppose you through some act prevent a war between two countries/tribes/whatever, and the Nobel committee offers you the Nobel Peace Prize. Would you accept it? Remember, you honestly DID prevent a war, and you DID create peace. Yes its a rare thing, but pretend you DID. And also remember you will be sharing it with Jimmy Carter, Arafat, Mandela and FW de Klerk, Tutu, and Amnesty International among other things...

Advantages of accepting includes the money, the fame, and that stuff. Distadvantages (or advantages if you are inclined that way) include being associated with the above mentioned list of people/organizations.

Personally, I would not accept it. I can make the money elsewhere, fame does not really interest me, and I'd rather not be associated with those wonderful, wonderful people.

I would accept. I'd like the money, the fame - well.. it wouldn't be like Hollywood fame or anything, so I'd deal with it :cool: To be lumped in with them wouldn't mean anything to me, it would be what *I* did that would mean something to me.

Hell yes I'd accept it. A million is hard to make. As far as your list of losers, here is the rest of the list. There are a few worthy notables on there.

intersting fact-the inventor of dynamite was Alfred Nobel

I'd accept it. It would be a reward for work I've accomplished. I don't care other before me would have gotten that prize as well.

Yep, I'd take it too. Just becuase I was put into that group does not mean that I am one of them.

The prize is a joke... but the money is green. Sign me up. Might even be able to waggle it around down at pub to score a few birds. 'Hey, lass... ever go doogy with a Peace Prize winner?'

When Itzhak Rabin, Yasser Arafat, & Shamon Perez won the 1994 nobel prize peace prize Rabin didn't even want to shake Arafats hand but he did. How would it look if he had turned away? Gracousness is a necessary attribute of a true peacemaker.

I would never be guilty of preventing a war where one was called for, and I think those are the only kind they give out rewards for stopping.

It's not called the Nobel Appease Prize for nuthin.

(And I damn sure wouldn't accept one if it required shaking the hand of a murdering thug.)

I would accept it and I would stand proud knowing that I am a better person than them.

If I did stop a war I would gladly accept it. Fame is what you make of it to be. I would use most of what I would get to make the world a better place. LL I take you don't like Mandela?

I feel it would be a great honor, regardless of whether or not I agree with who has won it in the past.

AlladinSane said:
If I did stop a war I would gladly accept it. Fame is what you make of it to be. I would use most of what I would get to make the world a better place. LL I take you don't like Mandela?
Nope, he is a communist. Full fledged communist.

Back