Hypothetical question of the day (October 18th)

Would you? (read message below first)

• Yes I would accept the Nobel prize

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No I would reject the Nobel prize

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
LastLegionary said:
AlladinSane said:
If I did stop a war I would gladly accept it. Fame is what you make of it to be. I would use most of what I would get to make the world a better place. LL I take you don't like Mandela?
Nope, he is a communist. Full fledged communist.

explain. as far as i know he tried to bring democracy in south africa and tried to get rid of all the racism there.
but i haven't lived there, so you most likely know better...:)

feel free to explain when you make a statement.

Shadowfax said:
LastLegionary said:
AlladinSane said:
If I did stop a war I would gladly accept it. Fame is what you make of it to be. I would use most of what I would get to make the world a better place. LL I take you don't like Mandela?
Nope, he is a communist. Full fledged communist.

explain. as far as i know he tried to bring democracy in south africa and tried to get rid of all the racism there.
but i haven't lived there, so you most likely know better...:)

feel free to explain when you make a statement.
From his speech:

Dear friends of the Communist Party:

We know we can count on you to stand with us as we pursue these goals. It is our profound desire that you, like all other political formations in our country, should be active participants in the historic process which should lead to the peaceful resolution of the problems confronting our country and people. We extend to you the best wishes of the People's Movement, the ANC, and look forward to continuing co-operation in the common struggle to bring freedom, peace and security to all the people of our country.

The struggle continues!

Victory is certain!

Amandla ngawethu!

SOURCE http//www.devvy.com/mandella.html

Today is a dark day in the history of our Republic. This morning I watched the U.S. Congress bestow the Congressional Gold Medal, the highest medal accorded to a civilian, to an open and devout Communist named Nelson Mandela. The American people have been shamed on this day.

It was a big enough moral crime to give Mandela the Nobel Peace Prize [which he co-shared], America's political "leadership" then honors an open Communist with a medal.

*foolish ramblings*...........

To win such an honor requires a self-sacrificing effort to do so, but

Is the "prise" the point of topic? Or is it the question of character?

The quest for character is a far greater struggle.

The question of, whether one has earned such an honor, through toil & commitment to a cause, & then one receives something which, to him or her, seems to undermine or understate his/her passion for doing what he/she believes is right, with their life, yet, is still to be accepted.........pridelessly.............thankfully, is indeed something noble.

To avoid a war in the culture, or cross-culturally is a big deal..................

but to win the war against selfish desires, saying no to selfish pride & yes to those who don't agree with us..............but who are right, in spite of our "rightness" in our own eyes, is a much greater victory indeed!

...........peace! :)

Leslie said:
LastLegionary said:
America's political "leadership" then honors an open Communist with a medal.
I'm glad all Americans aren't as intolerant.
Coming from one that has never been in South Africa... I didn't write that anyways. But I agree with it. The leaders of South Africa should have executed him when they had the chance. Now he took the country to hell under a Communist regime that is heading Zimbabwe's way. Don't get me wrong, I don't approve of apartheid, but, what they are doing now is worse.

Back