*considers the lack of waterproof boots*
*decides to post some pictures of the last blizzard*

snow2.jpg

Hey where's the SNOWMAN in the front yard? :confused:

snow4.jpg

Don't miss the car being blocked in though.... :D

Spot said:
chair.jpg

usually what the city looks like after a big storm.
and god help anyone foolish enough to move that chair and attempt to park their car.

OMG got that right, move a chair, loose your legs!
Big Ass Brawl.... :devious:

PrincessLissa said:
I took a nap after my last post and then dreamed that it snowed here and I had to come post here about it. I also dreamed that they moved the hospital to a hotel and that is where I had the baby.

Anyway, here are some pics from the 2003 blizzard here. This is at my friend's house and it was I think two days afte rit quit snowing.

DCP_0007_002.sized.jpg

HOLY SNIKIES!!!!

DCP_0015_002.sized.jpg
Looks like the dog is saying, "Oh Thank You for clearing a peeing spot for me" :lol2:

Blizzard warning in effect until 6 PM EST this evening:

Coastal flood warning in effect until 1 PM EST this afternoon:

Today: Snow until late afternoon, then snow likely late. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times until late afternoon. Total snow accumulation of 28 to 38 inches. Very windy with temperatures falling to around 10 above by midday. north Winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 50 mph, increasing to 35 to 45 mph with gusts to 65 mph this afternoon.
just got back from driving Diana to work. have about 2 feet of snow out there already and its only 7:30am. her Forester is great in this mess. very sure footed vehicle.

For some reason, on my block, the plows push the snow to the right more than the left. Which sucks for me, considering my driveway is on the right side and the left side is a grassy median.

In the first picture, you can see the top of the tires for the car across the street. The one on my side of the street, you can't tell, but the snow is covering the tires. A good two feet or more.

snow2_9am.JPG

I made very sure that I filled up my bird feeders yesterday. Nice accumulation of snow on the roof though. I wonder if they'll dig down in the snow to get to the food?

snow_9am.JPG

Sorry about the quality. This is from one of those tiny cameras you can plug right in your USB port. My other good camera is film. If the snow stops during daylight hours and the plowing is good, I'll go down to the boardwalk for some good pictures later.

Spot, be careful picking up the missus. Although it sounds like you have a pretty good vehicle to get you there. I'm about to find out now the new car handles snow later.

Leslie said:
I think you do not know that what you wish for. -20 and below is just plain COLD. Our windchills here today were in the -40 range.

I heard a rumour that it's goin to -2 by Tuesday though :dance:

"We're havin' a heat wave,
A tropical heatwave..." :lol:

Montreal winter weather:

If it's not cold enough that your nose hairs freeze together, it is invariably overcast, with buckets of snow or freezing rain either falling or in the forecast. If it's cold enough that the snow sounds like crushed glass when you are walking on it and dog pee freezes before it even melts through the snow, it is invarible a beautiful, clear, sunny day with nary a milimeter of snow in the forecast.

If the weather outside does not fall into either of those categories, it's either because you fell asleep for 3 months and it's April, or you are one of the thousands of Quebec snowbirds who squeeze their pasty white asses into speedo swimwear at least 3 or 4 sizes too small for said asses, and sneak off to Florida for the winter.

greenfreak said:
Lissa, my GOD. I've never seen anything that compares to that. Wow. Got any more?

I might be able to dig up some more. That was the smaller of the two blizzards that we have had the last couple of years. We needed the moisture from it though to put out all those fires we seem to have every year.

I was coming home from the beach on the day that this bitch closed all the NE airports. ATL was so backed up from the bounced traffic that my (now full because of standbyers) plane got held at the RSW gate for an hour. Blown connections all over the place. It was one hell of a mess.

Back