i bought a laptop O_o

A laptop shouldn't get that hot, but then anything that cools down your machine is a positive, until it starts generating condensation. :D

HomeLAN said:
A laptop shouldn't get that hot, but then anything that cools down your machine is a positive, until it starts generating condensation. :D
then you had better hope you scotchguarded your laptop :D

my Dull would suffer random lockups if i used it on a soft surface (i.e. surfing in bed). i even got scolded by the Dull techs for doing it. The thinkpad has run under load on my bed in the sun, all day long, with no problems.

ash r said:
my friend shannon's laptop, an hp, would get really hot and shut itself off, too. eventually while desperately seeking a solution to this, she ended up crashing her hard drive. (really, turning it upside down so the vents point up does seem logical) her experience has made me nervous >_< so i'm kind of paranoid about making sure it's not too hot. what i think is hot might not even be hot... i think i'm just paranoid

uh...if the laptop was upside down though she couldn't be USING it...so why didn't she just turn it OFF?

As things go I bought a New DELL laptop and am happy with it but then a month later a guy from work offers me a Compaq for a 100.00 and I bought it. It is a PIII 850 instead of the P4 my DELL is but I actually like it better than the DELL. It's a compaq evo with 256 memory and a lil 20gb hard drive which is fine.

For you that remember me I still need an operation and am making sure I have internet access this time cuz last time it was a month or more and I was in withdrawl.:)

Back