I figured it out

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
could you go and talk to the reverend/minister/priest/rabbi whoever without actually going to the church? I know they'd welcome you if you approached them about it...or called and asked.

I don't know any reverends, ministers, priests, or rabbis. it's no surprise, i do not recognize any religions, so it'd be kind of hard to know any.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
at the closest church. Just call and ask the church secretary if you can come in and talk to the whoever, as long as you're comfortable enough with the basic tenets of whatever religion it is, it really doesn't matter which one, you're just going to have a chat.

I'm not really comfortable with the basic tenets of any religion. They're all an organized and widely accepted form of mind control to me. yeah, i know, i hate paranoid people, so what, i hate myself already, so it works out fine in the end

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
by basic tenets I mean...what the foundation is...what they believe...

what the rules and organization are are something else altogether...

if you agree with the basic tenets...with where the whoever is basically coming from, what his belief system is, you might get something really good from talking to someone like that...get some of your questions answered, or at least some more to think upon.

chcr

Too cute for words
Sorry, that part about Gonz was meant as a joke.
flurffmeister said:
They're all an organized and widely accepted form of mind control to me.
Me too, but it still might not be a bad idea to talk to one. This will piss a lot of people off, but in my experience, rabbis are more earnest, more honest and less interested in converting you than christian preachers are. I think it's that they look at themselves more as teachers than preachers and don't particularly consider themselves authority figures. Again, just an opinion. Do you know any jewish people?

chcr

Too cute for words
flurffmeister said:
Krusty the Klown...
Well, is he a rabbi????????
Might be a little hard to get him on the phone, though.
Synagogue, you look for a synagogue.

chcr

Too cute for words
It'll have a Star of David out front, but rather than driving around looking for one, I'd look it up in the Yellow Pages. :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
flurffmeister said:
Who's saying I'm not destroyed?

You're too damned young to be destroyed...work in the coal mines for 25 years & see me again.

I'd fail at that so fast I wouldn't even be in there for 25 seconds... Just like I failed at everything else... Xi, OTC, ACT, work, etc. I'm just not cut out to be a regular human being like everyone else finds it so easy to be. I should've become a maggot. Maggots never fail...

Why? The average life expectancy is what, around 80 or so? I've only got about 62 more to go (if things go my way, much less), no point in trying to get used to it really.

Professur

The door's on the left, Fluffy. You don't wanna play anymore, leave. Just quit yer bitchin'.

You think you've got it so tough, eh? You've got a roof, 4 walls, and 3 squares. Everything else is gravy. Stop bitch coz you don't like the gravy.