I got a new phone

Luis G said:
microwaves heats organic things.
:rofl4: So that's why my ear always gets sweaty when I talk on it. I thought it was because I closed up the phone over my ear preventing air from circulating and evaporating the sweat. :blank:

Seriously, there's not enough microwave energy to produce any measurable harm to the human body in a cell phone today, over any period of time. Maybe back when they were first invented, but nowadays they've improved them quite a bit.

fury, believe whatever you want to believe, i for one side, try not to use the cell phone too much.

EDIT: until it is proved that cell phones does not cause any harm to the body, then i would give it the benefit of doubt and try to avoid excessive use of it.

Been using cell phones exclusively since September of last year, and I'm absolutely fi... now what was I saying again? :tardbang:

my mobi has speed dials and a speakerphone. not that i know what mystic sequence of buttons to press to get either to work.. ;)

Jeslek said:
The thing with a cellphone is that the antenna is awfully close to your brain.

and warming up your brain by max. 2 degrees.... sitting in the sun on the beach for a few minutes warms your body AND brain more up than that.
the dosis of radiation coming from the TV from a distance of 6 feet is stronger than the radiation coming from a mobile phone, measured at an intensity level set by american government and european union.
then i didn't mention that the radiation intensity coming from the phones available on the market have an safety factor TEN to the ones set by the governments...

etc etc etc... not even bothering anymore.

fury said:
Been using cell phones exclusively since September of last year, and I'm absolutely fi... now what was I saying again? :tardbang:

Same here, except since December of 2001.

My last phone (SCP-4900) had speakerphone....I really miss it. But I like the flip phones better (now have a SCP-8100).

Sf, the real difference is that tvs or direct sunlight does not pass you a flux of microwaves, that's the real danger.

Indeed the power used by a cellphone is not even 1,000th of the power of a microwave oven, but still the emissions are very close to your brain, ear and eye. All i'm saying is that you should take the "cell phones are safe" with a grain of salt.

And about radiation levels, US FCC set the SAR limit to 1.6, you can check out the radiation levels of several models in here http://www.cnet.com/wireless/0,1000...html?tag=st.wr.5939521.bhed.5939521-7-6219334

you'll see that none of them is less than one tenth of 1.6 ;)

The real problem with cell phones, at least in my experience, is that they drop calls and they get really expensive really fast.

Then I must have heard wrong but there were going on about hands free sets being worse for some reason a while back... :shrug:

Personally I don't use a mobile enough to be worried about emissions anyway...

Back