I got in

Not really sure on the religion, heh.

It was first choice until mom decided to not let me stay on campus. That made my first choice Frostburg (3 hours away).

So I suppose I have some negotiating to do.

Well done... now starts the part where you work your ass off to prove to them that it was the right choice to make :D

Congrats. Getting that letter in the mail is exciting. I think I gave Mary Lou Retton a run for her money when I got mine.

How's Frostburg's reputation in your major compared to UMBC's? It would be nice if you could stay on campus, since you're not far from home and yet you have some freedom at the same time.

It would be great, and it's going to happen. My mother and I have butted heads on so many things that have to do with what I do with my life, and this is a decision I will win. My final statement to her:

I stay on campus at UMBC, or I go to Frostburg.

Congratulations!

Is it the same system as here where by you either get a conditional offer of acceptance (depending your exam grades meeting expectation) or unconditional (they'll take you regardless!)?

Well, they want my final transcripts, but considering a classmate who got in made straight D's this quarter, I think I'm home free.

And! Mum's letting me stay on campus! Score! My friend Julie and I are going to be roomies, because they let you reserve who you want to stay with if there's an arrangement like that.

Back