I hate you

HomeLAN

Almost a pack a day, Rob. Better then the two packs I used to do, but still...

I have to quit. Ted's picking up on it, and I can't have that. Besides, the boss tells me if I quit I can put $100 a month away for computer projects. :D

flavio

Banned
I'm going to go have a smoke now that you mention it :D

...actually I've cut down to less than 5 a day most days anymore. It increases a fair amount if I go out drinking on the weekend though.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'm weak, pathetic & useless. I bought a pack today. HOWEVER, I'm not done quitting, I only bought a pack. Damn things.:bash::cuss::bitchslap

Unc said:
You started smoking at 11? Jeez.. what was your brand back then? Did you ever do snuff?

Yep. Marlboro Red. Lights 100s now (and last 15 years). Snuff, real mans chew (red man) ocassionally, as a kid. I became a full time smoker around 15, before that it was nights, weekends, whenever I could steal them.:eek:

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Been smoking for 37 years...Tried quitting plenty of times. The easiest thing about quitting smoking is quitting quitting....

Janimal

Go for it GONZ!!! :hug:

I quit smoking a few years ago, 11 years to the day after my Grandad died of lung cancer. Good thing too. I quit because I wanted to have kids. Two days before my 1st was born, about 16 months after I quit, my uncle (my grandad's son) also died of lung cancer.

It's not easy, but the benefits are well worth it.

HeXp£Øi±

Don't beat yourself up to much Gonzo. The smokes can do that to you by themselves.
My dad started smoking in vietnam and started quitting after his first heart attack in about 1980. For the next twenty years he would try quitting numerous times and live through 8 heart attacks. He finally quit in 2000 and hasn't had a smoke since. According to him (a 33 year smoker) after one year you won't think about it anymore. Sounds like a long time but it's the psychological addiction we must defeat not the physical addiction to the drug itself. Otherwise we could just slap on a nicotine patch and be perfectly content. Well now even after 33 years of smoking, he can run and ride bikes like he hasn't done in many years.
In short, it will be long, it will be hell, but it will be worth it. Never quit quitting.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
HomeLAN said:
I have to quit. Ted's picking up on it, and I can't have that. Besides, the boss tells me if I quit I can put $100 a month away for computer projects.

That's one of teh reasons I want to quit. They are still relatively cheap here. Under $30. every 8-10 days is expensive.

Squiggy, you said a mouthful pal. It's tough & smoking is so much more peaceful for my house :D

Thanks Jan. As I said, I'll be 40 on Sunday & I figures health problems begin rearing their ugly head after that age so at 50 I'd like to have the lungs of a non-smoker.

I HATE ME!!! for being weak but I'm not done trying.

Vortex

Gonz said:
I HATE YOUR MOTHER.

I HATE YOUR FATHER.

LETS NUKE THE PLANET & BE DONE WITH IT!!!

I wanna cigarette.
Something tells me dear Gonz has recently quit smoking????? :alienhuh:

Vortex

lol, okay, well just for the record, I posted that last post before I read the rest of the thread.

Good Luck dude! :headbng2:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
geez Gonz, remember, if you smoke just one cigarrete, then you're not when you started, you are a step before. The more times you get back to it, the more hard it will be later.

If you decided to stay away from it, just do it. Nicotine patches, "smoking less", and all that is useless. You just need to quit and think this one will be for good.

unc, i also started around that age, but most likely in my 12s, Marlboro Red.

Professur

Keep gum handy at all times. It doesn't matter if it's nicotene gum. The chemical addiction is over in 72 hours. It's the habit you have to fight. If you get the urge to smoke, stick something else in your mouth. Gum, a pen, carrot sticks... anything but a ciggy.

Homelan, keep a picture of Ted handy. Remember you're doing it for him. If you fail, you're failing him. You don't wanna fail him, do ya?

Both of you should find out how much of the price of a pack goes to taxes. Keep that figure in your head at all times. You don't wanna be paying all that extra tax, do ya? Doesn't the gov't suck enough of your hard earned cash outta your pockets without you handing over more?

And for Christ's sake, stay outta situations where you used to smoke. If you smoked right after a meal, get up and do the dishes instead.

Dodge, Overcome, and Avoid. My three keys to quiting.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'm still smoking. I buy a pack a day & run out & wait until I'm dying. I've gone to 18 hours so far.

Word of advice Homey, (from a quitter quitter) if you've gone this far DO NOT TURN BACK!!! You've managed teh hardest part actually. Good luck.