I just want to do the right thing...

Oh, so in Gonzland everyone finalizes the divorce before they move on with thier lives. So sorry we have offended your superior morals once again.

No, in Gonzland people don't marry the wrong people so divorce is unnecessary.

I've really got to find this place sometime. I bet the fuckers have WMD's too, maybe we can bomb them.

Gonz said:
No, in Gonzland people don't marry the wrong people so divorce is unnecessary.
You and your high horse can take a long walk on a short dock.

No - in Gonzland, the husband/father hide in a basement and play on the computer all day that way you don't have to BE a husband or father, only on paper.

Spirit said:
No - in Gonzland, the husband/father hide in a basement and play on the computer all day that way you don't have to BE a husband or father, only on paper.

well I aint going there then. by the way lub joo too :hug:

Spirit said:

Personal but perhaps fair... maybe Spirit has insider RL knowledge...

Divorce messy for everyone... Don't understand it myself.. my parents "happily" married for 27 years now... kinda side with Gonz if you marry it should be for life... as it is intended!

I reckon the "wife" gave up the right to be "mommy" when she went off in search of new dick.. if she can't have her own kids in her own home then tough titty!

*CB runs before she is bashed by angry mob of divorcees*

ClaireBear said:
Divorce messy for everyone... Don't understand it myself.. my parents "happily" married for 27 years now... kinda side with Gonz if you marry it should be for life... as it is intended!

I reckon the "wife" gave up the right to be "mommy" when she went off in search of new dick.. if she can't have her own kids in her own home then tough titty!

i can understand that... but there is a flip-side... sometimes things just don't work and it's better for everyone involved to move on... better than grinding it out 'for the kids'... when, in fact, you may be making life miserable for them

when i was a kid... late-70s, early 80s... divorce was still looked at as a 'problem'... i remember in high school there was a special counselor kids of divorced parents could go to for help

these days it seems to be 50% or more... and like my own situtation... not necessarily an ugly event... i think the kids of the 70s and earlier had more problems with it not because of the actual event... but because it painted them as 'different' from their peers... and anyone who remembers school remembers how much it sucks to be put in the spotlight for being 'out of the norm'

this isn't to say that a lifetime marriage is a bad thing... my parents are and i'm sure always will be... but it's just one of many ways to get through life... just as 'normal' as any other... and i think you have to be happy with yourself and your own situation to be a good parent... which sometimes means divorce

Spirit said:
Sounds to me like a case of pasting things together regardless of the accuracy as a means of catharsis because he said something you didn't like.

ClaireBear said:

:rofl:

Inkara1 said:
Sounds to me like a case of pasting things together regardless of the accuracy as a means of catharsis because he said something you didn't like.

:elaugh1:

:lol2:

That's rich!

ClaireBear said:

[snip]

... kinda side with Gonz if you marry it should be for life... as it is intended!

[snip]

No RL knowledge... :)
I think, more than likely, everyone agrees with the statement "It should be for life" unfortunately, life happens, shit happens, then, sometimes, divorce happens.

ClaireBear said:

divorce can sometimes help too, you know. what about cases of neglect? alcoholism? abuse?
maybe, in those cases, a search for new dick isn't a bad thing....and getting children out of those cases is the smartest move.

Spirit said:
No RL knowledge... :)
I think, more than likely, everyone agrees with the statement "It should be for life" unfortunately, life happens, shit happens, then, sometimes, divorce happens.

and you know damned well by the time it got to the fun part it was me & PT sparring & had very little to do with what the thread was about.

I stand by my original statement though. As CB correctly pointed out, the minute she wandered she gave up her mommy card. The second he allowed her back in his/their life was the moment he said it didn't have to be over.

tonksy said:
divorce can sometimes help too, you know. what about cases of neglect? alcoholism? abuse?
maybe, in those cases, a search for new dick isn't a bad thing....and getting children out of those cases is the smartest move.

3 reasons that divorce should be allowed.

Adultery-the vows say "Forsake all others"
Abuse-nuff said
Addiction-tis a varied adultery.

Back