i like rainbows!!

no one believes this story, but my mom and i where driving down the highway one time after a storm and this huge rainbow ended right on the road. we drove right though it! it was pretty cool.

For what its worth, I believe the "crazy" idea that rainbows are a sign of promise from the God of the Bible.

To me, also, they bring hope to those who believe the same, an' even to those who don't.

First shown to a man an' his family who believed in a vision about an ark, which he built, by faith, in the middle of a desert. Ridiculed by friends an' neighbors, yet he was unwillin' to cave into the unbelief of those closely loved, an' those who simply chose to set themselves apart from the possibility of "flood", that would cover the whole Earth.

There are some who choose to use the rainbow as an icon, symbolizin' their own identification with this multi-color blendin' agent, that somehow communicates their desire to bring, perhaps, different "ideas" together as one. Perhaps, a desire to incorporate several "theologies" or viewpoints together as one. A noble thought perhaps, but one, I'm afraid, that has been tainted by the selfish agenda of the few.

At any rate, the rainbow's beauty an' "mystique", are enjoyed by us all, an' so awesome to behold Ash!:)

as my mom once said, "you'd be hard-pressed to find something more beautiful than a rainbow" and i agree completely.

they make me feel hopeful, too, tho. but my beliefs are different, so when i see a rainbow, i feel blessed that the Goddess has shown me it, and i feel warm and loved, and ready to take on the whole world. it's a nice feeling. :swing:

75renegade said:
A noble thought perhaps, but one, I'm afraid, that has been tainted by the selfish agenda of the few.

What, exactly, is that supposed to mean?

[b said:
]no one believes this story, but my mom and i where driving down the highway one time after a storm and this huge rainbow ended right on the road. we drove right though it! it was pretty cool.

I don't suppose you happened to find the pot of gold that's supposed to be there....

Gonz said:
Janimal said:
Fraggles, rainbows and unicorns. I sense a theme developing here
[b said:
]umm, i didn't say anything about unicorns....
Ardsgaine said:
You were thinking it...
[b said:
]i was not!

ok, maybe a little...

Does this remind anyone of Monty Python? "She turneed me into a newt!" "A newt?!" "......I got better"

Wow! We sound like Monty Python????... Kewl. :headbang:

Back