I made my mommy proud!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Good job

This is your first year right? You're leaps and bounds ahead of where I was in my first year...

FluerVanderloo

Did even gooder the last time around...

Untitled.jpg

Stop Laughing

Wish I would've done that. Though none of those classes look like anything I'd ever take, but those grades, if only I could've applied myself back then...

chcr

Too cute for words
Lotta B's on there young lady. If you applied yourself a little harder I'm pretty certain those could be A's now, couldn't they?

:rofl:

TexasRaceLady

Fleur, that report looks good. Keep it up. :)

But that really should have been an A in Shakespeare.
The secret to Shakespeare is to read it aloud --- preferably in a place where you can hear yourself --- the bathroom is usually good --- tile gives you a good sounding board. Shakespeare was written to be spoken, not read.

FluerVanderloo

Fleur, that report looks good. Keep it up. :)

But that really should have been an A in Shakespeare.
The secret to Shakespeare is to read it aloud --- preferably in a place where you can hear yourself --- the bathroom is usually good --- tile gives you a good sounding board. Shakespeare was written to be spoken, not read.

I was really close to an A actually...I needed a 90% on the final to get that A, and I ended up getting an 85%. *handonhip

FluerVanderloo

OK, you're forgiven. :)

(((HUGS)))

Hah, I didn't get to look at the exam (finals are never returned) but I saw the grade online. I just KNOW I got one of the quotes wrong. It was from Henry IV Part II. Falstaff gave the line but I wrote Hal. Since it was a multi-part question, I bombed it all.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member

Hmmm...To speak, or not to speak. That is the question. Whether tis nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous vocalizations.....naaahhhh...:D

FluerVanderloo

Hmmm...To speak, or not to speak. That is the question. Whether tis nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous vocalizations.....naaahhhh...:D

I actually liked the class. It made me want to read more when I have time. My completed list so far includes:
Macbeth
Romeo and Juliet
King Lear
Othello
The Tempest
The Taming of the Shrew
Hamlet
Henry IV, Part I
The Merchant of Venice
Several sonnets

For some reason I'm not remembering all of them. I know there's more though.

TexasRaceLady

I will admit my roommates would wonder about me sittin in the bathroom reading aloud, but my mom loved my grades. :)

There's just something about hearing the words that makes the whole play come alive. Plus, if you really get into some of the emotional/action scenes, you can just "see" the play happening in front of you.

FluerVanderloo

I will admit my roommates would wonder about me sittin in the bathroom reading aloud, but my mom loved my grades. :)

There's just something about hearing the words that makes the whole play come alive. Plus, if you really get into some of the emotional/action scenes, you can just "see" the play happening in front of you.

Like when Lear came into a scene holding his dead Desdemona? SO depressing. I was also pretty upset about how Shylock was treated throughout Merchant. Everyone in my class argued that he was a jerk, but my counter argument was that maybe he was a jerk because of the way he was treated for being Jewish. Of course, it wasn't proven within the play itself, so that was refuted. Still, making a man change his religion is a bit harsh.

Inkara1

We old folk call them "grade points." Take the number of "quality points," divide by the number of units attempted and you have the GPA. My guess is that the reason for the change is similar to why school districts often don't assign letter grades until third grade, and for citizenship, behavior, etc. use euphemisms such as "needs improvement" instead of the classic "E is for excellent, S is for satisfactory and U is for unsatisfactory." Of course, that assumes parents these days know what a word as long as "unsatisfactory" means... after all, it has more than four letters.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Of course, that assumes parents these days know what a word as long as "unsatisfactory" means... after all, it has more than four letters.

But with all the dumbass parents around, it would be more appropriate to use U. ;)