I made up a joke....or rather I adapted an existing one.....

markjs

Banned
Here it is:

If I were to be elected God I would turn George "Dubya" Bush into a big talking jackass, so no real changes.

B

Bubba

didn't you use to live in Canada or am i thinking of someone else?

you don't like Mr. Bush and i am not fond of some democrats. so what else is new? :D

markjs

Banned
I wish I was from Canada, cuz I'd take my family back there where we could afford to see a doctor. Still being American beats, being from most other places, and with a few exceptions like medical care being reserved for the wealthy it's still pretty good here.

Jeslek

Banned
markjs said:
I wish I was from Canada, cuz I'd take my family back there where we could afford to see a doctor. Still being American beats, being from most other places, and with a few exceptions like medical care being reserved for the wealthy it's still pretty good here.
Better than no healthcare at all (hello Canada). Hm, average waiting time for an MRI is 12 weeks in Canada. Toronto's ER... *cough* 8 hours waiting sometimes... *cough* beds? We need thousands upon thousands more (my mom is a registered nurse and tells me all this).

Oh and, dentists, optometrists, medicine, and a lot of stuff isn't included...

Now after reading your excellent treatise on Bush's mistakes, I'm wondering what brought this up tonight?

markjs

Banned
And do you know why Canada's healthcare is in the state it is in? Simply put, all the really good doctors from Canada practice medicine in the US where they can rip us off for a fortune. I know it's not the only reason but it damn sure plays a part. There are good doctors it's true, but more often than not they are pushing some drug on you because the drug company offers a kickback. Health insurance here is every bit as bad as the system in Canada...look at what the HMOs do to people. Locking them into one doctor, denying needy treatment because of cost. All the poor and middle class can afford is these bad HMOs. If you want a model of how it should be look at countries like Sweeden. At least in Canada you don't have to be rich to go to the ER if needed. We are not rich, so we just go without doctors.....I'd much rather get an MRI in 12 weeks than never at all.

Jeslek

Banned
markjs said:
And do you know why Canada's healthcare is in the state it is in? Simply put, all the really good doctors from Canada practice medicine in the US where they can rip us off for a fortune.
In Canada, the government regulates how much money a doctor can make. Guess what... Because they can never hope to make more money, they simply don't care. There are only two countries in the world where you cannot walk into a doctor's office and pay for medical assistance. North Korea and Canada.

I know it's not the only reason but it damn sure plays a part.
Lack of funding... Ontario needs another $5 billion to maintain the current standard. And its already so bad its just silly. In a few years our health care budget is going to exceed the US's defense budget.

There are good doctors it's true, but more often than not they are pushing some drug on you because the drug company offers a kickback. Health insurance here is every bit as bad as the system in Canada...look at what the HMOs do to people. Locking them into one doctor, denying needy treatment because of cost. All the poor and middle class can afford is these bad HMOs. If you want a model of how it should be look at countries like Sweeden.
Sweden also pays ten times more tax. I don't know about Sweden itself, but take Denmark. Lowest taxation rate is 44%, highest is 68%, sales tax is 25%... If you want to live in a society like that, fine... Go live there.

At least in Canada you don't have to be rich to go to the ER if needed.
Nope, money will not do you any good here. However, if you go to the ER you won't have a bed unless you are desperately ill, and there are long lines. Some guy with a heart attack had to wait 8 hours in the ER, and he died. Thats brilliant. If they would just allow private hospitals to exist I'd be happier, but they made those illegal of sorts so you have to use the government trash.

We are not rich, so we just go without doctors.....I'd much rather get an MRI in 12 weeks than never at all.
We aren't rich either, and we don't have a doctor either. Whats your point? I'm really not up to date on medicare in the United States, but why can't you get a MRI?

Oh and, there is no such thing as a "right" to health care. Its simply a way for liberals to increase the taxation and take money from the rich to give to the poor.

In the 3+ years I've been in Canada, my family has paid a lot in taxes (my dad pays 45%) and we've never used the public health care system. Good times eh?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
There are only two countries in the world where you cannot walk into a doctor's office and pay for medical assistance. North Korea and Canada.

I was under the impression that there are private physicians there as well. Am I mistaken?

markjs

Banned
All I can tell you is that I have a LOT of existing medical problems that are very expensive...fortunately I have state disability, pending social security, and my medical needs are paid....For now....BUT, if republican politicians have their way, disability insurance will be cancelled, they tried to do it last session, but they lost. With my condidtions there is not an insurer around that will take me....thanks again to the republicans shooting down Clinton's natioanwade insurance plan. So if they get their way and kill disabilty insurance....I MIGHT be able to manage a part time job, but I will die of my medical conditions, and very soon. So tell me again I wouldn't be better off in Canada. At the moment, so long as their is aid for the disabled, I am better off here, but for how long?

Jeslek

Banned
PuterTutor said:
There are only two countries in the world where you cannot walk into a doctor's office and pay for medical assistance. North Korea and Canada.

I was under the impression that there are private physicians there as well. Am I mistaken?
Yes. No private doctors, no private hospitals. Dentists, which are not privatized and not covered by the universal health care flourishes. Every town has a couple of them. :)

dan

Here's the official best joke in the world ever:

Two snowmen in a field, one says "can you smell carrots"

Gets el gingero every time :)

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
ll, please lighten up man! if somebody makes a comment, we don't WANT to see EVERY single part, every single sentence discussed...the man was making a joke, nothing more, nothing less...

don't take things that serious man...

ipmoof

nambit said:
Here's the official best joke in the world ever:

Two snowmen in a field, one says "can you smell carrots"

Gets el gingero every time :)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Great joke. :D :D :D

My personal favourite is...

"Why did the little girl fall off the swing?"

"She had no arms". :)

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>