I need a vacation

alex

I'm so stressed out.....work sucks big time. I wanna take a cruise or go to some exotic land far far away for two or three weeks. Where's the best place you've ever visited?

As far as beautiful scenery and being a lazy bum? Toss up between the Phillipines and Majorca.

Ugh.....I've had my fill of all things Spanish. I had to work with some Spanish people who owned the company I work for. I was thinking more along the lines of some quite west coast Mexican village.....a little more American friendly.

That would be nice too but it was my experience that Majorca was decidedly unspanish. It is a vacation hotspot for europeans looking for sun and everybody spoke english.
Beautiful beaches, beautiful and affordable hotels, American restaurants, and a daquiri stand directly on the sand! I usually like a bit more culture in my vacation destinations but this place was just very relaxing.

tonksy said:
As far as beautiful scenery and being a lazy bum? Toss up between the Phillipines and Majorca.

I would agree with the Phillipines, another place would be Baja California, make sure you stay away from the border towns and go at least 30 miles south of the border if not further...

alex said:
I'm so stressed out.....work sucks big time. I wanna take a cruise or go to some exotic land far far away for two or three weeks. Where's the best place you've ever visited?
The farthest I've ever been out was about 30 miles fishing out from Palm beach.
Palm beach is great this time of year, and really peaceful, if you want quiet.

alex said:
Ugh.....I've had my fill of all things Spanish. I had to work with some Spanish people who owned the company I work for. I was thinking more along the lines of some quite west coast Mexican village.....a little more American friendly.
Luis has some really nice ones he goes to.

highwayman said:
I would agree with the Phillipines, another place would be Baja California, make sure you stay away from the border towns and go at least 30 miles south of the border if not further...

Yea, I visited San Diego a few years back and drove down to the border with a few guys. We parked on the US side and walked over "shit river" into Tiajuana. Man, that was one scary place. Between the donkey shows and the lunatic cab drivers, I'm lucky to have made it out of there alive.

I really enjoyed my last trip ti Spain. I was in a little town called Moron de Frontiera. It's abot 70 KM from Seville, and, interestingly enough, about a 45 minute drive to Rota. Best part is...I got a free round-trip ticket, free lodging, and even free food, and a stipend of $3.50 a day. Not much work, so sight-seeing was quite frequent, and, since I know enough Spanish to stay out of trouble, I got to see more than some of the rest of the group I travelled with...

alex said:
I'll bet he does......ohhhh Luis?

I go to Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo because is the nearest. A very nice hotel with all inclusive is around USD$150 per night. I'm not of the type that spends that much per night, I usually stay on 4 star hotels all inclusive and that's around 80-90 per night. I only use the hotel to have a place to sleep :D

In Baja California there's Cabo San Lucas, I've never been there but I know it is extremely nice and expensive. There's also Mazatlan in Sinaloa, Huatulco in Oaxaca and Acapulco in Guerrero (but I would stay away from Acapulco if I were you).

I'm not really worried about money too much, I just want to be pampered, petted, massaged, rubbed and fed grapes.

Nice pics, but I could only see one gator in that pic......waiting for you to get too close to the water.

That's one of the swamps located near Ixtapa, there are no aligators in the sea, just so you don't get scared :D

But there are sharks, and a big guy like me would feed a whole school of 'em.

tonksy said:
Can I come too?

As long as you aren't sick to your stomach and vomiting with diareah when I come to pick you up....like the last girl I took on vacation with me. She was absolutely sick about leaving her house and animals for 4 friggen days....weak bitch. It was totally not fun.

Back