I stopfor ALL stoplights........(yeah right)

Do you wait for the light to change?

• I wait patiently, with no thought given about goin' 'til its green.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Wait, impatiently but contemplatin' whether to go for it.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Do 3 or 4 look arounds, then proceed with caution.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I don't do stop lights at that hour.....I GUN IT!

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

75renegade

Ok, its 2:00 AM in yer town when ya approach a red light, on yer way home............so you stop.

Not another car nor soul in sight as far as the eye can see.

What do YOU do? Wait for the light to change or put the pedal down?

Jus' curious how many of us let machines dictate our behaviors, in scenarios like this one.:)

One for the impatiently. Especially if it's a long light. But if it's a major road there's likely a security camera that will catch me, so I will usually just wait impatiently, banging on something in the car screaming at a random inanimate object, most usually the traffic light.

i'd stay still if i was the only car out and i could see for miles :D

once its amber i'm hitting the accelerator though ;)

Yeah, I tend to anticipate alot of the local lights... rolling forward in the red and already gone by amber. Bad habit I guess.

most of the lights around here are connected to one sort of sensor or another for late night. as soon as you roll up to the stop line, the light turns green. the rare cycle red light can be annoying but i'll wait impatiently. the cops are usually waiting at the cycle lights.

i've taken to watching the other lanes lights where i can, especially on roundabouts. once they go amber i'm on the clutch and accelerator like a bastard, just waiting to pounce :D

They turn amber before they turn green there?

Here it's green (go), yellow (don't keep going unless you're less than 3 seconds from crossing the intersection), red (stop your ass), green. :tardbang:

Spot, that sounds kind of neat. I wonder if that's how they do it here, some of the lights never seem to turn for me at those hours

No cameras here, but they're all on a control chain, so they'll usually keep you going that late at night.

I stop and wait at all red lights. I've only ran one red light. I actually slid through it (winter ice) around 4am.

Always respect the red lights, no matter what time it is. Hell at 2am, i cross with caution even if i have the green light.

fury said:

i'm guessing he's watching the cross lights. i do the same thing.
the newest thing around here is trying to jump the green when taking a left, regardless of how many cars are waiting to go straight.

fury said:
that sounds kind of neat
it is :D

Spot said:
the newest thing around here is trying to jump the green when taking a left, regardless of how many cars are waiting to go straight.
Some day I will lose patience and hit one of those fuckers. The exact same thing is happening here. It's not unusual that 3-4 cars will run the red/green right in front of you. :mad: :mad:

There are people here who are planning on turning left, who pull out into the middle of the street on a green light, and when it goes red, they finish their turn. It's illegal as hell, but even the cops do it around here.

Mirlyn said:
Some day I will lose patience and hit one of those fuckers

it is for that exact reason that i miss my old '70 Buick Le Sabre.
big. steel. full frame.

Spot said:
fury said:

i'm guessing he's watching the cross lights. i do the same thing.

fury said:
that sounds kind of neat
it is :D

No, fury has it right. In Britain, they use a much more intelligent method of red, amber, green, amber, red. Such a system probably wouldn't work in the states, where giving such a warning would probably cause a rise in the road mortality rate. The advantage of the amber before green is that you don't have to come to a complete halt as the light is about to turn green. You just slack your speed a bit. But this only works if folk are slowing down on the amber before red. Not something I've ever noticed on this side of the pond. FYI most small towns don't have stop signs at every intersection either. It's all yields.

Professur said:
FYI most small towns don't have stop signs at every intersection either. It's all yields.

That's Owensville, MO in a nutshell. We've got two stoplights, Stop signs at the highway, but the rest are yields.

As for the question, if I can see that nobody is coming or even around, I'll go. If there is anyone else around, I'll wait.

Back