I stopfor ALL stoplights........(yeah right)

Do you wait for the light to change?

• I wait patiently, with no thought given about goin' 'til its green.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Wait, impatiently but contemplatin' whether to go for it.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Do 3 or 4 look arounds, then proceed with caution.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I don't do stop lights at that hour.....I GUN IT!

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Gonz said:
Got a ticket huh Joe? :D

That's a big negatory........over.

Actually, it's been quite some time since I've received a ticket. (not that I'm not guilty of other moving violations)

I also wait at reds, wear seatbelts (self & passengers, ALL), etc., jus' think its interestin' how many folk feel differently 'bout such civil conformity to mere mechanical representations of 'authority', which are only in place to "reduce" fatalities.

Let's face it, speed limit signs, for example, are not there to keep folks from bein' killed in speed-related accidents, but rather to "reduce the number" of folks killed.

If we REALLY wanted to stop such fatalities, the speed limit would be set at like 40 mph, everywhere.

There's this school of thought which submits that, such laws are only in place as "guidelines" to be observed at one's own personal discretion, an' consequently many folks drive that way, which only serves to majorly annoy other folk who do not possess the same sense of "liberty", with regard to such laws. (IE: the way so many on our highways, drive 75 in zones marked 65, because it's public knowledge that cops won't typically even look at ya for goin' 10 over........)

Except, of course, in Ohio!:D

Some of the cops here do 15 over the limit, even in 25-30 zones. I usually stay 5 or less over the limit unless I'm in a hurry, then I'll start pushing 10 in zones over 30 mph. Of course, when I see a cop, I'll obey the limit. :beerbang:

75renegade said:
There's this school of thought which submits that, such laws are only in place as "guidelines" to be observed at one's own personal discretion, an' consequently many folks drive that way, which only serves to majorly annoy other folk who do not possess the same sense of "liberty", with regard to such laws. (IE: the way so many on our highways, drive 75 in zones marked 65, because it's public knowledge that cops won't typically even look at ya for goin' 10 over........)

Many states (AZ, NV, MT to name a few) never had set speed limits...reasonable & prudent. Doing 150 in a Ferrari across teh desert plains seems reasonable & doing 75 in a Rambler in not prudent. :shrug:

:D

Back