I stopfor ALL stoplights........(yeah right)

Do you wait for the light to change?

• I wait patiently, with no thought given about goin' 'til its green.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Wait, impatiently but contemplatin' whether to go for it.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Do 3 or 4 look arounds, then proceed with caution.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I don't do stop lights at that hour.....I GUN IT!

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Depends where I am... I have crossed on red in the past, but I was on a motorbike at the time and not inclined to sit at lights waiting to get jumped from behind... most of the town centre has CCTV and sensors now.

I wait patiently. Not only are there cops hiding but there are cameras in a lot of intersections right next to the stoplight that's timed with the yellows. Wave for the camera!! :wave: I know many people who have gotten tickets in the mail weeks later with a picture of their car running the red. There's no denying that.

Creeping into the intersection while green and turning when red is a way of life in NY. I don't know of anyone who have gotten tickets for it but I have witnessed accidents caused by it. I saw this guy in the intersection with his wheels turned and someone rear ended him, pushing him into oncoming traffic. Not good.

I stop, unless it is a T-junction and I'm coming in a way that I can either go straight on or turn right... Then I consider the red light a yield for right-turn.

Ah yes... At 2am, if I'm making a approaching a red light and making a right turn and don't see any cars in sight, I will probably not stop.

Too much cameras here to try that, i stop at all red lights, only times i don't if its safe is in the country. I'm lethal if i'm driving a manual car now, i've been drivin automatics for a few years due to my RSD, recently i had to drive a manual and stopped at a redlight, put in neutral and had my foot on the brake, at amber/green i was revving a car in neutral, rolling back and not going anywhere :rofl:

lol @ justin :D

i stop, no matter what time....but depends on the country. i'd stop here, but wouldn't bother at that time being in Johannesburg for example...:D

Spot said:
Mirlyn said:
Some day I will lose patience and hit one of those fuckers

it is for that exact reason that i miss my old '70 Buick Le Sabre.
big. steel. full frame.

Aye, full coverage on the Mustang but I'd still not do it. I'd take my 86 F150. It might match the damage you do. :D I really think they do it because they can--nobody in their right mind would pull out in front of them and get hit and want to deal with insurance and all. Someone needs to show them.

Usually when it happens, and I have the green, I'll release the brake and just start rolling forward. Last night on my way home from work, someone actually slammed on their brakes and HONKED at me! I was like, Hey bitch, I wasn't too pissed at the first two who crossed my green, but you were the third, and that is just going overboard. :cuss: :grumpy: :cuss: :grumpy:

greanfreak said:
Creeping into the intersection while green and turning when red is a way of life in NY. I don't know of anyone who have gotten tickets for it but I have witnessed accidents caused by it. I saw this guy in the intersection with his wheels turned and someone rear ended him, pushing him into oncoming traffic. Not good.
Same here. Sometimes you'll get two cars ahead of the line. I was behind someone once in KC and they and the guy on the other side of the intersection (both turning left) kept creeping forward trying to see around each other, not paying attention to each other. Pretty soon, they were within 4-5' of each other. :rolleyes: A lot of good that does you to see around someone.

Jeslek said:
I stop, unless it is a T-junction and I'm coming in a way that I can either go straight on or turn right... Then I consider the red light a yield for right-turn.

Aren't right turns always allowed with caution? (except when explicitly forbidden)

God, all these different rules... anyone know the difference between Dutch/German rules and British? I have about a 300 mile drive from the Hook to my brother's place in Hilchenbach and I'd rather not get pulled as they fine you on the spot for minor offences... driving on the right is bad enough! Or know where I can find a site that may help... ?(

Just keep in mind that the driver behind you has right of way and passing on the right is illegal and you should be fine.

Mirlyn said:
Aunty Em said:
driving on the right is bad enough!
:rofl:

Yeah well, I know you americans have funny rules about stopping at every intersection... :rolleyes:

My brother was saying something about, even if you are on a mainroad traffic pulling out from the right? has the right of way....?(

...Maybe I should just have very BIG GB stickers everywhere, then maybe they will give me a wide berth? :lol:

S'pose I better put a righthand drive sticker on as well!

Aunty Em said:
Yeah well, I know you americans have funny rules about stopping at every intersection...

My brother was saying something about, even if you are on a mainroad traffic pulling out from the right? has the right of way....
:confuse2: :confuse3:

Jeslek said:
Aunty Em said:
Yeah well, I know you americans have funny rules about stopping at every intersection...

My brother was saying something about, even if you are on a mainroad traffic pulling out from the right? has the right of way....
:confuse2: :confuse3:

Well he obviously didn't explain it right or I'd know what on earth he was talking about.... :shrug:

Where I'm from, all the peeps driver like the peeps do in New York in the states... (just to give you an idea ;) ) Scary!! ;)

Mirlyn said:
it is for that exact reason that i miss my old '70 Buick Le Sabre.
big. steel. full frame.

Aah...I have/had a 86 LeSabre - it's dead now, but it sure did scare a few 'new' cars...before that, I had me a Lemans...82 (the Titanic of all road-yachts) - NOW...that was a fu<kin tank

I stop for all lights! All of them...I live around stupid kids...some of them are out at 2-3am

Back