I think I might got a bad disease....

Spot said:
[size=-1]she's an oncology nurse IIRC.

my first thought was Lyme Disease.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/lyme/index.htm

any of the other symptoms listed here or is it strictly fatigue/pain?

any family history of neurological disorders? though there is no know hereditary factor for MS, there can be a genetic predisposition. ASL does have an inherited factor, albiet a small one.
[/size]
I was diagnosed with Left Ventricle Hypertrophy. "They" can't figure out why I have it cause it's so out of left field for someone with my age and other health.

reading that link, I'm wondering now. I had the bite at 17, had the rash, it wasn't treated. hmmmmm.
Cardiac manifestations are rare but may include myocarditis and transient atrioventricular blocks of varying degree.

Oh forgot to mention that this got figured out. Ya know how they always say on lipitor (and other cholesterol medication) commercial, that muscle pain or weakness is a rare but serious side effect? Well that's me, mr. rare but serious side effect. I got off the Zocor and after a few months it went away! Hooray! Ironically, since then my cholesterol hasn't been too terribly bad.

Thank goodness that's all it is. There's a reason they're prescription meds, those side effects can be nasty. I found out not too long ago I'm allergic to clindamycin (an antibiotic) after breaking out all over. Fortunately I didn't need it anymore and discontinued that drug shortly after breaking out, and consulting the doc of course.

For some reason, when I first saw the thread title, my mind instantly completed the sentence with, "and the only cure is MORE COWBELL!"

Actually, I'm pretty happy after the Rangers' 30-3 win over Baltimore today. :D

Even better, they still scored enough runs to win the second game of the doubleheader.

My favorite factoid about that Rangers game is that they broke the franchise record for runs in a doubleheader with only like 8 innings of the first game.

Then won the second game 9-7.

Oddly enough, the Baltimore Ravens haven't given up 30 points in a game since sometime in 2005.

I'm allergic to codiene and can't take ibuprophen cos of my asthma, so the only over the counter painkiller I can take is tylonol... oh whoopy... not!

Mind you, I do have some stronger stuff - tamadol - prescribed by my doctor which says "don't drive or consume alcohol while taking this" on the packet... it's an opioid... so I CAN get high for free if I want... LOL

I'm allergic to codiene and can't take ibuprophen cos of my asthma, so the only over the counter painkiller I can take is tylonol... oh whoopy... not!

Mind you, I do have some stronger stuff - tamadol - prescribed by my doctor which says "don't drive or consume alcohol while taking this" on the packet... it's an opioid... so I CAN get high for free if I want... LOL

I take brand Ultram everyday. (took 100mg just now...morning routine)
My doc said it's non-addictive. I know from experience though, ANYTHING can be addictive.
"The mind is a powerful thing"

I take brand Ultram everyday. (took 100mg just now...morning routine)
My doc said it's non-addictive. I know from experience though, ANYTHING can be addictive.
"The mind is a powerful thing"

I take Arthrotec 50 for my arthritis twice a day with meals, it was 3 times but since I've also been taking glucoseamine sulphate the pain has lessened (although this is not the case for everyone) so I just take a couple of tylonol when I take my arthrotec and generally the pain in under control... until I miss a dose... then it hurts like hell. So I don't often need to take the tramadol.

I also think the exercise and stretching that I do has a beneficial effect in helping to keep me mobile and reduce the pain. My lower back pain has also improved since I've lost weight and done some strengthening exercises using resistence bands, so I can actually stand up for longer without needing to sit down urgently.

I don't think I will ever be completely free from pain, but once I've lost all this excess weight I should be able to walk further and do a lot more physically.

I initially tried the Glucosamine and Chondroitin combo for about a year,
but it makes me so tight that I can't move, even with the Indocin.

I even tried all different strengths/routines of it, but no joy. :(

Apparently it works best on knees, which might explain why mine don't hurt and I don't get ankle pain anymore.

Back