I think I might got a bad disease....

Looks like you've got the hard way, then...watching what you eat. Welcome to my world, salad-boy... :devious:

My cholesterol is bad, too, but I'm going at it through diet and exercise rather than lipitor...I could get it, but if i can lower my cholesterol without it...:shrug:

Damn American medical system! Get like us and the Canucks and get it free

Thanks for you guy's support. You know it does mean a lot.
No problem. Next time you want an unqualified medical diagnosis, come see me :D

[size=-1]she's an oncology nurse IIRC.

my first thought was Lyme Disease.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/lyme/index.htm

any of the other symptoms listed here or is it strictly fatigue/pain?

any family history of neurological disorders? though there is no know hereditary factor for MS, there can be a genetic predisposition. ASL does have an inherited factor, albiet a small one.
[/size]

The symptoms don't seem to fit Lyme disease though we do live in a low risk area that is heavily populated with deer. But I have had no rash nor do I seem to have consitant joint pain. Still it says symptoms can be simply myalgia. So far as I can tell the only symptom I have is myalgia (muscle pain).

Spot said:
[size=-1]she's an oncology nurse IIRC.

my first thought was Lyme Disease.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/lyme/index.htm

any of the other symptoms listed here or is it strictly fatigue/pain?

any family history of neurological disorders? though there is no know hereditary factor for MS, there can be a genetic predisposition. ASL does have an inherited factor, albiet a small one.
[/size]
My first 'twinge' was for Lymes as well... but without physical splotching on the skin and his rather stiff laundry list pf pre-existing conditions ... it just seemed to self rule out.

unclehobart said:
his rather stiff laundry list pf pre-existing conditions...

Yeah I admit it....I am a but of a wreck healthwise.....Actually one thing at least is good. I have excellent blood sugar control on my Diabetes so far.

unclehobart said:
You don't really believe that its free, do you?

Theres no such animal.
You don't have to pay thousands of pounds/dollars for medical treatment, and I only pay £20 on my National Insurance....free enough for me :)

Gato_Solo said:
Looks like you've got the hard way, then...watching what you eat. Welcome to my world, salad-boy... :devious:

My cholesterol is bad, too, but I'm going at it through diet and exercise rather than lipitor...I could get it, but if i can lower my cholesterol without it...:shrug:

You have a dicky ticker then Gato or just the high cholesterol?

*CB makes note for future reference...

Well thats the launching off the bedroom window ledge out the window... :D

Get it? Window ledge "out the window"... never mind :mope:

ClaireBear said:
You have a dicky ticker then Gato or just the high cholesterol?

*CB makes note for future reference...

Well thats the launching off the bedroom window ledge out the window... :D

Get it? Window ledge "out the window"... never mind :mope:
eh?

Raven said:
You don't have to pay thousands of pounds/dollars for medical treatment, and I only pay £20 on my National Insurance....free enough for me :)
20 pounds right at the point of service... but what about the obscene tax base used to prop it up? Your petrol is 1/3 higher than it should be, property taxes, fags are nigh on what now? 6-7 pounds a pack? Thats nutters.

unclehobart said:
20 pounds right at the point of service... but what about the obscene tax base used to prop it up? Your petrol is 1/3 higher than it should be, property taxes, fags are nigh on what now? 6-7 pounds a pack? Thats nutters.
Cigs are like £4.20 a pack :)
Petrol is a little high I'll admit, but the 22% tax rate on income isn't so bad :)
National Insurance is deducted from my wage automatically each week and it's not big enough for me to miss.

Dicky ticker? No, no. I have a very well heart... :shrug: And, yes...just old-fashioned high cholesterol. It's on it's way down, though...

Back