I want to buy a digital camera...

Jeslek

Banned
Anyone have any recommendations? Maximum US$ 400. Post names and stuff so I can go read reviews.... Digital cameras are thx.

Yeah... it's down ATM. Suckass. N/mind, just take a look later on.

Actually... for $400 I'd consider the Sony DSC-P5. I think it'll be just within your price range if you look hard enough. Awesome little camera. :cool:

http://store.yahoo.com/royalcamera/sondsdigcam1.html

That canon looks nice. But it is $1,000. :( Should I wait a bit and save more money? Would it be better to spend $700 or even $900 on a camera?

gee that Canon from unclehobart looks more and more the thing to get... Check out this picture, using its digital stitch or something:

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/powershot_g2-review/panorama.jpg

LastLegionary said:
gee that Canon from unclehobart looks more and more the thing to get... Check out this picture, using its digital stitch or something:

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/powershot_g2-review/panorama.jpg

BTW LL, you can do that with the cheaper Canon's too. They have a function whereby you can take a string of pictures and then stitch them together on your PC later. Works pretty well unless you are incredibly pissed.

The Ixus v2 looked very good to me. Only disadvantage seemed the 2.0 Megapixel...but I guess it's enough to shoot high quality (standard format) photo's?

Advantage is that it's SO small, and relatively cheap :)
So would the 2.0 MP be enough?

Shadowfax said:
The Ixus v2 looked very good to me. Only disadvantage seemed the 2.0 Megapixel...but I guess it's enough to shoot high quality (standard format) photo's?

Advantage is that it's SO small, and relatively cheap :)
So would the 2.0 MP be enough?

I find 2.1 enough - I've printed out so many A4-sized glossies from 1600x1200 pictures. Of course once you get to 4MP+ you will see a noticeable difference, but I there are a lot of other factors that contribute to picture quality, not just the resolution. I think accurate colour reproduction is probably just as important.

If you want dude, I can send you a 1600x1200 file uncompressed to print out (~800-1000k).

Yeah! That would be very nice! At least I can see what the cam can do :)

I really like the design and the measurements of the cam, and if the quality is good enough, I'm definately gonna buy it :)

Thanks in advance! You can mail it to [email protected]

Ok, sent. Gimme a shout if you want any more. B/W and long-exposure photos are pretty awesome with this camera too.

MuFu.

Holy cow!

Damn, that looks GREAT! It's even better than I hoped for from a 4.x MP :D

The Ixus it's gonna be! Thanks dude! :cool:

Oh, could you send me a B/W pic too? I'm really curious about those, 'cause I'm a big fan of B/W photographs! :)

Thanks in advance!

Shadowfax said:
Holy cow!

Damn, that looks GREAT! It's even better than I hoped for from a 4.x MP :D

The Ixus it's gonna be! Thanks dude! :cool:

Oh, could you send me a B/W pic too? I'm really curious about those, 'cause I'm a big fan of B/W photographs! :)

Thanks in advance!

K, gimme 5.

LL, the G2 looks pretty damn nice. Enjoy!

Ok, sent a couple off. Did you actually print that first one out? I just use an Epson Stylus Color 680 and some cheap photo glossy paper (@2880dpi). Can't complain about the results - I've done numerous prints for friends etc.

Plus, have you actually held one of these things? I think the thing that sold it for me was going into a shop and using it for a bit... it's so frickin' solid and well-made. Kind of like a little aluminium brick. :headbang:

I've printed the B/W....looked REALLY good!

Interesting pics though...:D

Thanks man! Oh, and I kinda figured out that it must feel like a brick of aluminium. Just what I wanted! :)

Back