If I didn't have enough reason not to shop there already ...

MrBishop said:
Well... if you two are going to have it out, I might as well present the weapons for inspection before the duel begins, eh.

Bigot has been and continues to be one of the more badly interpreted and misused words in the English dictionary... right after Ironic.

I have no intention of 'having it out' with spike. It would hardly be a fair. I want to know if he's fully aware of what he's just posted, and correct any errors in his interpretation of what I've said. Most people here are aware of my somewhat peculiar viewpoint on the subject. Spike, to the best of my knowledge hasn't delved deep into the old posts and probably isn't.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Just splitting hairs. Seems to be the current rage afoot.
Tetraplycotemy - the newest social science to hit the scene

**Don't bother looking it up...it's a word construct of mine. The art of splitting a human hair into four parts. :D

Professur said:
Why 4? Why not just 2?
if you can split it into two...it's a skill.
If you can split it into 4, that's an art.

Besides..Duoplycotemy doesn't roll off the tongue as well...pardon me for splitting hairs ;)

Already plenty of hair up a skirt without having to split it. although there's definitely room for some splitting up there, yessiree.

Remind me to care whom somebody choses to bed when I go shopping. I'll be sure to ask about.

:rolleyes:

absurd.

Two questions, Spike. Are you fully aware of my position and opinions on gays and homosexuals. And did you just imply that I'm a bigot.

No rush. Think them through before replying.

No, I am not fully aware of your opinion on homosexuals and I don't believe I implied you are a bigot.

Are you "obstinately convinced of the superiority or correctness of one's own opinions and prejudiced against those who hold different opinions"?

What I implied was that I find Wal-Mart's lack of bigotry to be strange reason to not shop there.

That's no act of tolerance. That's an act of kissing ass to improve same-store sales. It was thought about only in terms of dollars and cents. How many customers they'd lose if they did this versus how many customers they'd lose if picketers started throwing around the "bigot" and "homophobic" words. I can guarantee that if calling them fags and banning them from the store would increase their bottom line, they would do that. This isn't about bigotry or tolerance at all.

Once again...

doesn't effect me in the least.

:D

still will shop there for certain items, cause they are the cheapest there.

gay shmay as long as it is the easiest in my pocket book.

That's no act of tolerance. That's an act of kissing ass to improve same-store sales. It was thought about only in terms of dollars and cents. How many customers they'd lose if they did this versus how many customers they'd lose if picketers started throwing around the "bigot" and "homophobic" words. I can guarantee that if calling them fags and banning them from the store would increase their bottom line, they would do that. This isn't about bigotry or tolerance at all.

Certainly a point there. Although real bigots would not associate themselves with homosexuals even if it hurt the bottom line.

Still don't see the current actions as a reason not to shop there. There do happen to be enough other reasons.

Back