Illegal Workers Arrested

The Constitution didn't set the sentencing guidelines.

I'm a strong advocate for the Constitution (as was written),
but one has to take into account all the amendments,
some of which I am not thrilled.

A day without an illegal mess-kins?

Yeah there'd still be two more newschoppers
and 4 good people in the world.

Here when an illegal gets into a crash all he (she) has to do is flee the scene,
the car isn't registered to them, the plates are stolen, they get off scot free.

I think it must be in that comic book they handed out?

If you live here you know of so many people that have had that happen to them,
coming to your city soon…

Gotta start somewhere....
maybe I thinking too big, to get a foot in the door.
maybe, just start with one less appeal, and one national sentencing guideline. :nerd:

I ain't trying to pick on you, but having one national sentencing guideline takes the States completely out of it. Which means giving more power to the federal government than they already have. Which runs opposed to everything I stand for and everything 160,000 died for. I don't trust the buffoons in washington D.C. with my tax money. I don't trust them to administer my health care. I don't want them overseeing my childcare. Why would I want them to sentence a killer? When anyone anywhere can name one thing they do better than could be done by the State, I'll reconsider. I ain't heard it yet.

yeah, I see your point more clearly today. :)

How 'bout a national 'suggested' guideline, take out one appeal in the process,
and offer more funds to the states that get closer to the guide?

yeah, I see your point more clearly today. :)

How 'bout a national 'suggested' guideline, take out one appeal in the process,
and offer more funds to the states that get closer to the guide?

I just happened to remember about the laws.
We definitely don't want overlapping guidelines, like...
e.g. the laws om pot in cal. conflicting with fed law.

IMO the laws need to be fixed so they don't conflict.

It just seems to me that the is supposed to be the United states,
but there hasn't been much unity that I can remember.

Never has been, never will be. A nation of immigrants will forever and always have rifts. It's unavoidable. The sooner we realize and accept it instead of trying to PC it into submission the sooner we'll make progress.

Look at Texas for an example. They execute murderers more than any other State. I think they're like 4th in population, so logic dictates that there will be more murders there than in, say, Iowa. But I'd wager they have fewer than Michigan with a smaller population. And the nutcases want to whine about how the death penalty isn't a deterrant. Even if it isn't, it sure as hell keeps THAT one from doing it again.

catocom said:
IMO the laws need to be fixed so they don't conflict.

With the individual States setting their own laws, you'd be bound to have variences. But, you'd also have the ability to vote in/out lawmakers who propose a governing that you approve and not have to give a hang what someone in Oregon thinks about it...they set theirs, we set ours.

I know for a fact that convicted sex offenders who get released on supervision compare State laws and migrate to more lenient States. Lately, States have been toughening their laws and requirements in part to slow down or halt the influx of out-of-state sex offender migration. I know Tennessee did it, and that was one of the stated purposes of the legislation. It piled a heap more work on me, but that's OK. I don't mind pissing these assholes off.

I'm passive aggressive enough to get real picky when it suits me. I have one who wanted to transfer to another State. He could have if left to the other State, but there was a technicality in our law that gave me the discretion whether to pursue it. He's still here, and he doesn't like me very much. Keeps me up at night with guilt. He toes a pretty fine line too. But in the State he wanted to go to, he would not have been required to register due to the type sentence he received. Here he does. A small step, but at the least people in the community know he's afoot.

The Constitution didn't set the sentencing guidelines.

I'm a strong advocate for the Constitution (as was written),
but one has to take into account all the amendments,
some of which I am not thrilled.

I thought you were upset with the judge about this.

"ruling unconstitutional a law"

With the individual States setting their own laws, you'd be bound to have variences.
I was talking about the conflicts with state vs Fed. ..Not state vs state ;)
If there is a fed law, there shouldn't be a state law, on the same thing,
or the fed law for that law should be dropped, and let all the states make the law for that certain offense.
People shouldn't have to be confuse about if something is legal or not.

I thought you were upset with the judge about this.

"ruling unconstitutional a law"
I am upset with maybe not only this judge but the ones before maybe.
IMO after several convictions of some of the types these guys were (like burglary)
They should get MAX sentences.

well, I am an old bachelor, raising 3 kids...love to shop, and other things
socially considered feminine activities...:grinyes:
(I'm homo-intolerant though)

Winky, do you really not drink? :p

Back