I'm Engaged

In my case, I'd make sure my family and closest friends would know first before posting it on the internet for them to find out.

Justin, how do you feel about the engagement? From a brothers point of view, what do you think of Jay?

Um, we are some of her closest friends, doncha know. And she did tell her parents first.

And unless Jay is the new name for Jawshee, there's a good chance that Justin and he haven't yet met.

I guess whether my family and friends IRL or my friends here found out first would depend on who I had the opportunity to tell first. None of my family or RL friends come here so it wouldn't be like they would end up finding out here before I could tell them...I even think there are a few members who I would try to call to tell them the news before posting it...

The issue of how I found out was just a little misunderstanding. When my parents, wife, Ash, and I went out to dinner on Saturday night to celebrate my 30th birthday, apparently my wife made some passing reference to the fact that we were over our monthly cell phone minutes allotment. So Sunday night, Ash would have called me, but she remembered that, and wasn't sure if it was OK call us or not. I actually was sort of prepared for it, though, because Saturday night, at the dinner for my 30th birthday, she made a reference to something that would happen in the future after they were married. So I figured then that either it was already done (the proposal and acceptance) or would be coming soon.

As for what I think of Jay: He seems like a nice and decent guy. Could I say anything less of the man who's given me a Samsung 730B 17" LCD monitor and a Plextor 716UF external 16x DVD burner, a combined retail value of probably over $500? :D But seriously, although I don't know him very well personally, he seems like a pretty nice guy, very friendly, and obviously cares a great deal for my sister. I wish them the best of luck. :)

A brothers blessing means a lot.

I remember clearly the day I told mine I was getting a divorce. We were in his car, as he was giving me a ride to school.
"I'm getting divorced, by the way.."
"About bloody time."

:D

Ash r I think I remember you from a couple of years back and just want to say and hope I get it right and that is best wishes for the both of you.BD

JJR512 said:
As for what I think of Jay: He seems like a nice and decent guy. Could I say anything less of the man who's given me a Samsung 730B 17" LCD monitor and a Plextor 716UF external 16x DVD burner, a combined retail value of probably over $500? :D But seriously, although I don't know him very well personally, he seems like a pretty nice guy, very friendly, and obviously cares a great deal for my sister. I wish them the best of luck. :)

Ahhh...so you can be bought, eh? :D

Congratulations, Ash! :cool:

And as others have said, take your time.

Justin: Don't feel bad - I didn't find out my sister had remarried until after they had a baby a year later. :lloyd:

Congradulations on your engagement
Do you mind if I asked how he proposed? Romantic or like my hubby asked "Marry me"? 2 weeks later we were :)

Druidess said:
Congradulations on your engagement
Do you mind if I asked how he proposed? Romantic or like my hubby asked "Marry me"? 2 weeks later we were :)

today he went in search of something at the mall but wouldnt tell me what it was (though i had a pretty good idea), but said he couldnt find it.
later on, we were having chill time and i was feeling kind of down because i was hyper and trying to make myself stay still... and suddenly he dropped a silver box on the pillow next to my head.
"i think you know the question that goes with this".
of course i said yes

screw trying-not-to-be-hyper, i've got the right!

That's from the first post telling us she's engaged.

Back