I'm so ashamed

Hard to believe you'd work for a union and especially accept unemployment considering your political views.

But congrats on the new job. :toast:

I worked for a union company because I liked the job.

Unemployment is paid for by my previous (union) employer.

Why would I not take his money? It's not a government handout (although, it can be argued that it's a forced wage tax)

Wanna see a crooked businessman? Manuel "Matty" Maroun may be one of the best.

Things must be different over here, the union don't employ you. It is the company who employs you and you are free to join the union if you want to and if there's one.

The union doesn't employ you here either (I am pretty sure the states is the same as here) but when you work for a unionized employer you have to join the union.

A company may have employees who belong to a union. Part of the union contract may be a stipulation that all employees join the union. In some instances that clause isn't there. There is some bs way around that too. The union can sue you for the equivalent of dues for some crap. (contracting on your behalf or somesuchshit)

I worked for a union company because I liked the job.

Well if you lked the job then I see.

Unemployment is paid for by my previous (union) employer.

Why would I not take his money? It's not a government handout (although, it can be argued that it's a forced wage tax)

It's not as simple as that. Unemployment is paid from taxes on all employers. It's tax money.

The unions have been cut back here - possibly too far at one time - they have slightly come back a tad- but in a much more reduced form and the days of Union power have mutated into obscurity.

Yet given that re-balance, they also perform a necessary role -

though it is largely primarily outdated nowadays - but a check does need to be there, and in that role alone they have some value.

Public or private- if it is effectively a closed shop enviroment, in any given workforce or Company, that needs looking at.

During the sweatshop heydays of the 30's, they were a help to the worker.

In 2007, they are the lazy brother in law club who punish hard work & reward ineptness. I was actually told to slow down by my union "brothers".

hoffa? in my butt.

yeah them bitches been doing work slowdowns since the factory was invented. "voluntary restriction of output." i've been forced to read several books on that kinda shit.

Back