Imagination

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have an imagination? What do you use to express the ideas you come up with in your imagination? Have you used your imagination today? What did you use it for? Show us.

I have an imagination, I usually use written word to express it. I've used it very lightly today, mostly in starting topics :headbang:. You're looking at one of the examples of the result of my imagination today.

Some days I can become very creative and my imagination will run wild, and others, I'm just a mindless drone that post whores along with everyone else instead of posting new insightful threads.

greenfreak

Rusty and I talk about this alot. I call it "feeling creative". I get in moods, usually during colder months for some reason, when I just want to do something creative, to cultivate something...

Gardening satisfies the urge that I get to create, grow and nurture and photography gets me seeing things differently, seeing beauty in everything, and putting all the mechanics of taking a picture to work to make it come out the way I want to. Then of course, there's taking the technical side of me and putting it with the creative side of me and having it come together on my web page. When your job is strictly technical in nature, I believe it's that much more important to satisfy your creative side in your spare time.

Oh and it sounds silly but I think a lot about things that I might tell my niece and nephew as a story... I don't have the skills to be a writer but it's kind of like creating a short story in my head. I do this when I'm driving to and from work a lot.

Good question fury. :)

Scanty

I write. I write most of the time.

I'll either write some random piece of my book or I'll start something completely different, inventing characters and stuff like that. Or sometimes it's fun creating stories using REAL people.
When I can't find anything to write of my own, or I have run out of inspiration, I transcribe film scripts word for word. I know...weird, isn't it? But it motivates me to carry on with my own writing, which is very important.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
i use my imagination to think about math and programming problems.

ris

words, paintings, drawings, sketches, photographs, speech

if i didn't have an imagination i would be useless as an architect

Scanty

Is that what you are, ris? Sorry, I don't know anything about your work :D Are you working as an architect?

ris

i'm an archi-wannabe )

7 years in uni, 3 degrees and no work (

i need two more years minimum to get my professional qualification [riba pt3]. then and only then can i call myself an architect.
go have a look at my website, v v v there's some projects on there among other things

Scanty

jesus, good luck. :) I'm sure you have the talent. All those years, and even then it'll be tough getting a job? You must have some big round hairy ones... :D :headbang:

ris

i made life hard for myself, trying to get a job in a recession-region [scandinavia]. i've been pretty demotivated since