In the hole

HeXp£Øi±

Anyone else in debt? I figure Leah and i are about $75,000 in the hole now mostly due to student loans. Seems bad but i actually know some folks that put this number to shame.

Neither my family or myself have debts.

Just the mom's credit card bill, but there's enough money to pay that every month.

Not that kind of debt. I'd put the total of what I owe at under 3,000 right now. Mostly credit cards.

My brother just bought a house for 280,000. Put 30,000 down. You do the math.

nope, I learned the hard way about credit cards. Payed'em all off and cut'em up, except one, Sears.

No, as long as we maintain student status the interest remains low or none on most loans. Wouldn't accept them otherwise.

I've never been in debt in my life (never counted my various credit cards, seeing as how I always pay them off in full each month).

Within a couple of weeks, I'll go in the hole $250,000 for a house. Well, not net, but I don't count assets against that debt. Owing someone that much money is going to suck.

Even with 9 months of unemployment (Jan-Sep 2002) I managed to keep most of my economies. I've not being in debt since 1997, due to special check. Last year I had a bad check also that took me 6 months to locate. Today I pay almost everything with cash. That helps alot to control your money...

Still owe about 100 grand on the house. Other than that, no.

Makes my declining stock portfolio a little easier to swallow.

My vehicles are both antiquated, but paid for. I'm currently livin' under the roof of my brother, who's very charitable an' unwillin' to see me rather live under cardboard, downtown.

The total of my assets an' accounts is somewhere in the $5,000.00 range, more or less, dependin' if all the patrons of my garage sale felt really generous.

Reality check, after next week I'll still owe 'bout $500.00 on my Fiance's ring. An' $200.00 to my children's private school tuition, (legal obligation)

Even after all charitable contributions an' my $50.00 in savings totaled, though I live paycheck to paycheck, I still count myself fortunate to have my children an' my sweet little woman, an' my friends an' family to love me! I still have a job so far, an' a full belly..................an' in spite of all, I couldn't be happier!

We're lookin' for a house though, an' not exactly excited 'bout $75,000 for 30 yrs, at 6-7.8%, but at least it will be "our" home!:) ..........(Lord-willin')

Two years of student loans worth of hole (~£6000). £100 overdrawn and about £250 on credit which I'll pay in full pretty soon.

Actually not bad going compared to some of my mates who are about £1.5k in the red with 2 or 3 different accounts.

Just bought a house 3 months ago... our dual income (unmarried, still) is barely enough to make mortgage + debt we owe to parents for down payment... but we're hanging in there. I would feel pretty $#itty for myself if I were in any amount of debt... but I guess that's what a mortgage is. ;)

Luckily, Brandi got Medi-Cal to agree to pay her back medical bills. That leaves us with just $980 owed to Cingular Wireless (600 peak minutes, shared between two phones, with Brandi using one of them... it took two months to raise the bill that high. We also have about $150 owed to Blockbuster because we kept forgetting to turn in a few movies we rented, including one that was a 2-day rental... and she also says her brother has a movie checked out on her account that he still has. Also, Brandi went to Beauty School for a while. She quit going because they don't really teach anything, so now they're trying to tell her she owes $1,000 for the cosmetics kit that the financial aid grant was supposed to cover. That brings the grand total to a bit over $1,000, or $2,000 if we count the disputed thing with the beauty college. But also, I've been having to make partial payments for cable and electricity the last few months, and the credit card has just under $1,200 on it. So it's safe to say I'm about $2500-$3500 in debt now.

My car's older than I am, but like 75renegade's it's all paid for.

Is there life without debt? We can't seem to find it. (if momma went back to work we'd be debt free, including the house inside 18 months :( )

Rusty's got about $50k in school loans and that's it.

I have about $5000. spread across a couple of credit cards because I payed off my car ($3444.) with a card that had a lower interest rate. I also have $3000. left on my school loans.

fury, I also said I would never get a credit card, for many years. I paid cash or by check all the time. Until I figured out that when you start thinking of buying a new car or a house, or even just getting car insurance, you need good credit. To get good credit, you need to build it with credit cards. I didn't get my first until I was 25 but trust me, sooner or later you will need one.

I know. That's what my dad told me. :mope:

My boss, too. :mope:

My co-worker said a good way to get good credit is to buy computer hardware on it, nothing too expensive, something cheap each month so that you can pay it off in full when the bill comes. Then after a couple months, cut it in half.

Well, I've demonstrated in the past I can definitely buy computer hardware... :beerbang:

Get ONE card, and never, ever charge more than you can pay. Pay the balance in full at the end of every month. Never, ever, carry a balance.

After about a year, your credit will be built to the point that you can buy on credit if necessary.

Back