Introduce Myself

Exactly. I mean, damn. You sound like many Compaq techs I've talked to, they think the solution to every problem is a reformat.

Leslie said:
Here a guy is asking for advice because he can't reply on a single site. This guy Hootermelots advises a)a procedure called reformatting, recommend done by a professional b)reinstalling windows and other programs. He recommends this be done by a professional like Office Max or Office Depot (remember now this is just because the guy can't reply on ONE site) c)the worst so far - he offers to do the service himself if the guy pays shipping and labour
This is a perfect example. The better and easier solution, which would not result in the loss of all the user's customizations to Windows, would be to track down the problem, isolate it, and see if it can be fixed from the user's end. To even make the assumption that you are helping these people is a bit premature, if you ask me.

I don't go parading over at your site begging people to join OTC, do I? So, there you see my primary beef with you. This is the ONLY topic you've posted in, in which your first post to the topic (and thus to the site) was half dedicated to using this forum's bandwidth as advertising space for your site. I'm not pissed about it, nor am I about you putting it in your sig. In fact, I encourage people to put links to web sites they enjoy or run in their sigs, because sometimes I like to browse around myself.

But the least you could do is use this site for what it's intended for, mindless bullshitting and heated debates! :D :headbang:

I have a question.. Did I come to this forum telling you how to run it or what should be said in the replies ?
No you came to this forum advertising your site.

It's a matter of helping ppl that arn't computer inclide getting their problems fixed. I told the person that if they new a professional, it would be good to get the to reformat it, if NOT office max or a store like that will do it.
Yeah, office max or any "store like that" SUCKS.

Another thing.. I don't keep bumping my post. If you check, most of your bumbing comes for the mods and admins ;)
ok, then this is my last reply.

I didn't ask anyone to go to my site and tell me what I shouldn't and should do.. I haven't done anything wrong..
Yes, you advertised your site in THIS site, that's against the rules, if you don't have common sense about the rules of most boards, READ the AUP, that's why we have it.

I would be interested in posting your link on my links page if I wasn't treated like I am here...

Hooter
No other member is treated like this because they are not advertising their site, i saw your thread at HWC as well.

How about this.. Why don't we just forget all about it ? I just simpily said something about my site in my forum.. Just offering a place to go. I'm not like saying I'm gonna come kill you if you don't go.. There are some ppl that don't mind trying new things..

So I inttrupted your rutein here.. Apologie accepted ?

Hooter

When even Leslie knows you gave bad advice, trust me... you gave BAD advice!

(No offense, Leslie :eek: )

Okay! I'm sorry.. Dang, I'm new to the advice thing.. Cut me some slack ppl. I'm not attacting you guy's.. Would love if I got the same treatment!

Hooter

Sounds good to me. :headbang:

Now get to the bullshitting. Best place to start is right here in the Lunatic Lounge in the 1000 post thread! :trippin:

Or if you'd rather debate with intellectual individuals on the evils or the blessings of the freedom of abortion, head on over to the Real World. Or if you'd like to get pestered by Leslie for a while, Love & Lifestyles is your pick. But don't go over to Entertainment, unless you like entertaining stuff :headbang:

Alright.. So everyone coo with me ? I'm just a novice with the forum stuff and would just like to see some members at my site.. I'm sorry if I upset anyone, please accept my apologie !

Hooter

Hootermelots said:
Okay! I'm sorry.. Dang, I'm new to the advice thing.. Cut me some slack ppl.
Sorry, just itches me entirely the wrong way when technical support like that is given out. You might want to leave the really advanced stuff to the really advanced techs until you get the hang of it, because you can really fuck up someone's computer by telling them to reformat or do Windows Update any time they have a problem :eek:

Well, It's not like I just said that to them for the heck of it.. The update for ME is suppose to help the problem the member was having.. OVER THE FORUM, there isn't much to do besides trying the update!

Hooter

Oh yeah, not much else, just outlining a couple of the almost infinite possible causes of each problem, and solutions to some of those, and offering further sources of information where they could go to look for solutions themselves.

Hootermelots said:
Well, It's not like I just said that to them for the heck of it.. The update for ME is suppose to help the problem the member was having.. OVER THE FORUM, there isn't much to do besides trying the update!

Hooter

dude, honestly, i never give any advice unless i have the knowledge.

True, once again my bad..

HEY FURY.. Love having you @ the board.. Would you mind registering your name ? Your posting as guest we would love to have you under our members list.. Register the name if you can please..

Thanks,
Hooter

ok .. here's the way I see it ...

Hooter - if you wanna hang, that's great ... just stop advertising your site and get to know us for christ's sake ... what you did is worse to us than the phreaking MCI dude calling at dinner time ... it's not cool .. but we're willing to give you a chance .. now make friends ... be nice ..bring beer (which I've told you a thousands times to do and you still haven't :p)

now y'all, we know he's giving bad advice .. but is it his forum ... all we can do is pretty much what we've done by saying "dude .. that's not cool, giving advice if that's not your expertise" and leave it at that ...

One more think, Hooter - if you're going to plan on hanging out here, it's probably a good idea to take advice too ... Leslie there is smart, funny, and charming .. and she'll bitchslap you if you piss her off :D ... she's smart ... and she knows what she's talking about ... :)

And lighten up too .. :)

Back