Iraq prepares for rapid Saddam execution

highwayman

This should set an example to our own punishment system, hang em and get it over with...

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/27/061227100837.dnkm31v9.html
Iraq was preparing for the rapid execution of former dictator Saddam Hussein, with the US-backed government eager to bring his chapter in the country's bloody history to an end.
Justice Minister Hashem al-Shibli said Wednesday the sentence for crimes against humanity -- upheld by am Iraqi appeal court on Tuesday -- would be sent to the presidency for approval while the prison service prepares to hang him.

The process will get underway rapidly, he said, but the formality of executing the ousted dictator could be delayed by the onset of the four-day Eid al-Adha holiday, which is due to start at the end of the week.

"There will be no amnesty in this case. Once we get the decree, we shall prepare to take action," Shibli told AFP, adding however: "You know there'll be the Eid. It could take some time because of the holiday.

*warms up the boob tube for the pay per view*

yeah the next time I have to hear a bout a baby raper
that is finally getting his just reward after 25 years
of sitting on death row I’ll remember how these guys handle business.

yeah the next time I have to hear a bout a baby raper
that is finally getting his just reward after 25 years
of sitting on death row I’ll remember how these guys handle business

You have that right, build the gallows during the trial and test it during the jury deliberation...

Back