Is a BB Gun a good idea to buy for a 10 year olds birthday?

Not really sure what a BB gun is, but from what I've read here, I think that might be what my older brother had when I was a kid. I tried it once. Busted the windshield of a car.

A toy car.

Don't know what the laws for those are like over here now.

When I was little, I had access to anything in my dad's garage, including the knives. I loved to carve wood, and the scars om my hands indicate that I learned the hard way why it was a good idea to carve away from the body.. :lloyd:

Winky said:
They make laws that no one on their right mind would pay attention too. Respect for the law? Bah
Some laws, I choose to see as guidelines, when it comes to what takes place in my own home.

That being said, I can't actually think of any laws that I am currently breaking..

Edit: Regarding the above statement, I just came to think of the music currently playing on my computer.. *cough*

To answer this thread and questions, yes the gun will only be used by him on my friends farm where he can cause no injury to himself, livestock (well maybe the odd bird here and there, as I did while his age), will only be used under strict supervision and will be kept under lock and key when not in use. I too think our laws regarding firearms and licence really need to be seen to, call it another case of narrow minded politicians thinking they know what is right and wrong for the average citizen. As I stated I was firing guns when I was his age, never shot anyone, just good clean harmless fun and if fun is illegal then I'll say it's mine.

BTW the kid isnt mine, he's my best friends son and this idea meets his approval.

PT said:
No, you'll shoot your eye out.

I love A Christmas Story, just watched it last night...

That movie is too awesome!!!! the tongue stuck to the flagpole-and the snowsuit, OMG laugh my head off.
Chevy Chase's christmas (think thats it), the squirrel on his back!!!! :lol2: LOVE IT!!!

PS. knew this kid that wanted to see how it felt to get shot by a bb gun (in the ass) up close, :lol2: :alienhuh: , threw up from the pain....

me and my buddies used to shoot my sister in the ass with our BB guns, great fun

and no I'm not taking any responsibility for how screwed up she is today heh heh

Back