Is anyone free in May?

since may is when i take my finals and i go to school in the DC area i should be able to go and theres a metro near my school i can get. and my parents may want to go too they love that kind of thing. no promises but i will definitly try to make it. love that town myself :)

kuulani said:
greenfreak said:
Do you usually have personal time to see the sights of where you are? Could we see the performance too, depending on how many of us come?

Our dance instructors didn't tell us why we're going yet, or if we really are going. They only told us that we might go. But we usually have some personal time for shopping and stuff. Our performances are usually open to the public too :D

God, that would be so great to see you guys perform. Is Na going too? You didn't mention, and I was assuming she was but I seem to remember you going on some trips without her and vice versa?

That would be freakin awesome. So it could be up in the air for a while, then? Is there a chance it won't be on a weekend? Because that would suck, knowing you were so close and I couldn't go because it was during the week. :grumpy:

Jan and I won't be able to make it. :(

May is going to be a busy month for us. We'll be spending a week in St George in the early half of the month and then going down to Vero Beach for Memorial Day.

Nice beaches, good surf... I don't know from the nightlife. When we go, we stay in the same hotel each year and we're either in the room or down on the beach. We've been to a couple of restaurants nearby and browsed the shops, but that's it. We have some friends who live over in Ft Myers and they meet us over there for the weekend. It's an annual tradition for them, and we've joined them in it several times over the past decade.

Kuu, when/if you go to DC, you're going to have to take pictures of the dancing and all the OTCers who join you and post them when you get back. :)

Justintime said:
a bit too far for me, when next are you in Europe?:D

...well, since you asked, the halau (dance company) is scheduled to perform in Greece in July '03. I guess we'll be seeing fi :D

Damn.

Can you teach me so I can go with you, galavanting all over the world?! I know, you're going to tell me I won't fit in with my red hair and freckles. :crying3:

of course you'll fit in. we have Hawaiian redheads too :D

'ehu - reddish tinge in hair, of Polynesians; one with 'ehu hair.

I can even show you how to dress Rusty in a loincloth :brow:

Woo hoo!!! :laugh:

You know, we've been talking about taking some kind of dance lessons... We can't afford it right now but I would love to do that. I would consider it fun but more than likely, with Rusty, it will be an exercise in futility. :D

754 km, Nixy. About 9 hours behind the wheel. But somehow, 975 from Montreal.

Sadly V2.0's in school and getting away on my own would probably get me castrated.

9 hours behind the wheel?!?! Dang. Even greenie's 5 hours is amazing to me! Just hoping in the car for a 2 1/2 hour drive to the other side of the island is way too long :D

I've done a helluva lot longer than that recently. Mtl to Gaspe is about 12hrs.

But to give you a little perspective, from Halifax on the east coast to Vancouver on the West is 5986km, or approx 89 hrs behind the wheel. Canada's one big ass place.

Yeah, but would your parents let you go off to meet a bunch of weirdos you met on the computer? I hope not! :p :)

Back