Is Obama American born?

:rolleyes: If Obama is not permitted to take the oath, then niether is John McCain. He was born in Panama. That would leave only Hillary with enough votes to get elected.

He merely needs to prove -- just as the Democrats forced McCain to prove -- his legal status to run for the highest office in the land. If he truly was born in Hawaii, no harm, no foul. The Democrats wanted irrefutable proof from McCain and we want irrefutable proof from Obama.

Should be no problem -- right?

He merely needs to prove -- just as the Democrats forced McCain to prove -- his legal status to run for the highest office in the land. If he truly was born in Hawaii, no harm, no foul. The Democrats wanted irrefutable proof from McCain and we want irrefutable proof from Obama.

Should be no problem -- right?

This is all silly but McCain has not been able to give irrefutable proof. It's a common misunderstanding that the Panama Canal zone was a U.S. territory. We had lease rights, but not territorial rights. Also the definition of natural-born has always been unclear.

"Mr. McCain’s likely nomination as the Republican candidate for president and the happenstance of his birth in the Panama Canal Zone in 1936 are reviving a musty debate that has surfaced periodically since the founders first set quill to parchment and declared that only a “natural-born citizen” can hold the nation’s highest office.

Almost since those words were written in 1787 with scant explanation, their precise meaning has been the stuff of confusion, law school review articles, whisper campaigns and civics class debates over whether only those delivered on American soil can be truly natural born. To date, no American to take the presidential oath has had an official birthplace outside the 50 states.

“There are powerful arguments that Senator McCain or anyone else in this position is constitutionally qualified, but there is certainly no precedent,” said Sarah H. Duggin, an associate professor of law at Catholic University who has studied the issue extensively. “It is not a slam-dunk situation.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/us/politics/28mccain.html

Obama was born on August 4, 1961, at the Kapiolani Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii
The truth about Barack's birth certificate
Lie:

Obama Is Not a Natural Born Citizen
Truth:

Senator Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961, after it became a state on August 21st, 1959. Obama became a citizen at birth under the first section of the 14th Amendment

“All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.”

http://my.barackobama.com/page/invite/birthcert/?proving jim peel wrong

Why is his mother's race listed as Caucasian but his father's race listed as African?

Why is the certificate number blacked out?

Too late

(CNN) -- On three occasions since January, Sen. Barack Obama's passport file was looked at by three different contract workers, said State Department spokesman Sean McCormack.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/20/obama.passport/index.html

However, there is a PSA out to warn merchants and provide them with key questions to ask to determine the true identy of the man trying to use BHO's Visa:

QUESTION #1: What is your middle name?

CORRECT ANSWER: "It's racist to even bring that up."

QUESTION #2: How would you describe your grandma?

CORRECT ANSWER: "Typical white person."

QUESTION #3: If you found out someone is a hateful bigot, how quickly should you cut ties with him?

CORRECT ANSWER: "Within twenty years."

QUESTION #4: I will say a series of words, and I want you to say the first thing that comes to mind with each. [Say five random words, waiting for a response for each.]

CORRECT ANSWER: He should answer "hope" or "change" no matter what the words.

Next, ask him a series of questions about foreign affairs. If he's the real Barack Obama, he should have no idea what you're talking about.

Also, make sure he is not wearing a flag pin, as that would immediately identify an impostor.

Obama was born on August 4, 1961, at the Kapiolani Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii

http://my.barackobama.com/page/invite/birthcert/?proving jim peel wrong

Yeah, let's use the webpage of the guy who may be lying to us as the certified reference point.

I am merely bringing out the discrepancies with the document. All he has to do us present a certified copy of his birth certificate and this debate is over.

No seal;
No registration number;
No registrar's signature

Why is his mother's race listed as Caucasian but his father's race listed as African?

Why is the certificate number blacked out?

In 1961 the term "Negro" was used, not "African". African would have been used as country of origin but that is not used on birth certificates. That term is used on naturalization papers, though.

I am sure the certification number is blacked out to protect his information from identity theft.

I am sure the certification number is blacked out to protect his information from identity theft.

And the lack of the registrar's signature and embossed state seal is to protect the registrar from identity theft?

And the lack of the registrar's signature and embossed state seal is to protect the registrar from identity theft?

Nope..illegal copying.

*On a lighter note...embossing is really really easy to do. Thermal embossing, even easier.

Put it this way - would YOU place your birth certificate on the web in it's legally binding entirity?

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D941NCJG0&show_article=1

Judge tosses lawsuit challenging Obama citizenship

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit challenging Barack Obama's qualifications to be president.
U.S. District Judge R. Barclay Surrick on Friday night rejected the suit by attorney Philip J. Berg, who alleged that Obama was not a U.S. citizen and therefore ineligible for the presidency. Berg claimed that Obama is either a citizen of his father's native Kenya or became a citizen of Indonesia after he moved there as a boy.

Obama was born in Hawaii to an American mother and a Kenyan father. His parents divorced and his mother married an Indonesian man.

Internet-fueled conspiracy theories question whether Obama is a "natural-born citizen" as required by the Constitution for a presidential candidate and whether he lost his citizenship while living abroad.

Surrick ruled that Berg lacked standing to bring the case, saying any harm from an allegedly ineligible candidate was "too vague and its effects too attenuated to confer standing on any and all voters."

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

He needs to be a "natural born" person in the United States or one of Her territories. The question remains: Why is he posting what appears to be a forged birth certificate on his webpage? It lacks several distinct requirements under Hawaiian law. Why is the registration number blacked out? Where is the registrar's signature? Where is the embossed seal?

I didn't know you were such an expert on Hawai'i State Law and our birth certificates :rollseyes:

There is nothing missing on that birth certificate; it lacks no "distinct requirements under Hawaiian law".

The cert number is blacked out because it's one-of-a-kind, like a social security number. You can request a copy of a birth certificate with the number. This is not exclusive to Hawai'i nor is it exclusive to birth certificates. All vital statistic certificates have a unique certificate number. It would be stupid to put it up for everyone in the world to see.

The registrar's signature is not blacked out. It is on the back of the certificate which is why you see what appears to be 'remnants' of a signature/stamp. It's the bleed-through from the signature/stamp on the back of the certificate. (Just an FYI, my original birth certificate from San Diego is also stamped/signed in the back). Birth certificates that were issued in the 90's were stamped on the bottom, like the first ones I received for my children. This is a reissued certificate (which was found by the certificate number, hence its being blacked out).

The state seal is located at the top of the certificate. The embossed seal does not copy and that is for good reason - the embossed seal is for an ORIGINAL document, not a copy, hence, it does not copy. This is not exclusive to Hawai'i - embossed seals are only for original documents in all 50 states.

I am remiss - the only thing that is missing from his birth certificate is the 2 inches of blank nothingness that is above the certificate. They are printed on 8.5 X 11" paper but the certificate itself is only 9" long so there is 2 inches of blank space above the top frame.

Back