israel law limits arab citizenship

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
AlladinSane said:
Maybe not, but if you have stolen someone's house you shall be prepared for them to come and throw rocks at you from time to time.
Considering that none of these problems existed when the Ottoman empire ran the area, and later, the UK, I don't think your argument holds water. Perhaps you should read the history that Gonz linked to several times before you add more comments. ;)

chcr

Too cute for words
I don't know Gato. The history of the region is a little convoluted, but I think what the UK did kind of led to some of the problems. Although, I think I remember reading that they were against creating a jewish state? I'll have to look again, It has been a while. In any case, there has been strife between middle eastern peoples since before there were muslims,before there were christians, before there were even jews. I'm just not certain it's possible to stop at all. Certainly not if the involved parties don't care to stop it, and they don't seem to. Just my opinion.

AlladinSane

Gato_Solo said:
Considering that none of these problems existed when the Ottoman empire ran the area, and later, the UK, I don't think your argument holds water. Perhaps you should read the history that Gonz linked to several times before you add more comments. ;)
I did. Before he posted here ;) . Let's see the Otoman Empire was muslims aswell as the palestinians. The problems started with UK rule, but the dealings were being made more peacefully then they are now. But under UK rule mass imigration started, 800k new jews that lived in another places came in 30 years! By 1946 they were 35% of the popullation and owned 13% of the paletinian land. Then our friend UN comes and states that 55% of the new area goes to israel and only 45% to the palestinians. You would try to convince me that is fair? Not in 1.000.000 years you would be able to.
Sorry it's stealing. It is not any less stealing just because you're rich and can pay the police to do it for you...
BTW do you know who did the first terrorist attacks on the region?

ris

i'll pre-empt it by saying i have a strong suspiscion it was zionist militants attacking british authority, or something like that.

i see little point in parading the blame game or the who has historical rights game. both sides have a heartfelt belief they have a right to be there. compromises will have to be met and risks taken by both to ensure peaceful coexistance.

AlladinSane arguing with this lot is pointless, i don't condone the actions of the palestine peoples or the Isreali people, but if somone walked into my house and claimed ownership of it and there was nothing i could really do i'd certainly wanna rip their head off and feed it to the pigs. The jews have suffered, but it was not at the palestine peoples hands, if they wanna make someone suffer go bother the germans, they're doing the same thing that the germans did to them, only now because big brother America is backing them its somehow 'legal' to the world over.

ris

it should be noted that the current us administration appears to be taking a shorter shrift with israeli intransigence toward the peace process.
bbc more

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Justintime said:
AlladinSane arguing with this lot is pointless, i don't condone the actions of the palestine peoples or the Isreali people, but if somone walked into my house and claimed ownership of it and there was nothing i could really do i'd certainly wanna rip their head off and feed it to the pigs. The jews have suffered, but it was not at the palestine peoples hands, if they wanna make someone suffer go bother the germans, they're doing the same thing that the germans did to them, only now because big brother America is backing them its somehow 'legal' to the world over.

Tsk, tsk, Justintime. If you were forced from your home, came back to it, and found somebody else living there, wouldn't you be upset also?

Here's an even bigger log for this fire...

Jews and Palestinians are related. Think it over, and discuss. ;)

HeXp£Øi±

Jews and Arabs in fact. So the Arabs get the entire Arab world and what do the Jews get...not even Judea.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Gato_Solo said:

Historical notes